Good Ultra-sound for Kitzi - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2017, 01:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

There were 2 concerns on the ultra sound---not sure how serious the 2nd one is---first one was only sludge in GB. The 2nd one needs to be evaluated in light of her other tests & seems that it can be related to the issue she had a couple of years ago in some way---trying to research but don't have so much time at the moment. It has to do w/medullary rim sign (kidney), which alone can be ok---but w/her history of vasculitis it may be concerning. If her SDMA increases even one point we may have to look at more tests. They did not even look at the paperwork that I brought to put together any kind of a picture---it was just an ultrasound.
I will need to do a follow up w/her vet. We are in the process of starting to break down our apartment here (we will be keeping a smaller studio apt. on the first floor of our building) so big time down sizing. We will send a container to the US at some point as well. So I will be really busy for the next 5 wks. & then we will be doing quite a bit of work related travel, so things will be up in the air for a while.

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Lacie's Mom

Sending prayers for sweet Kitzi and Lisi.
Lacie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Alexandra
Dog's Name: Ullana

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
There were 2 concerns on the ultra sound---not sure how serious the 2nd one is---first one was only sludge in GB. The 2nd one needs to be evaluated in light of her other tests & seems that it can be related to the issue she had a couple of years ago in some way---trying to research but don't have so much time at the moment. It has to do w/medullary rim sign (kidney), which alone can be ok---but w/her history of vasculitis it may be concerning. If her SDMA increases even one point we may have to look at more tests. They did not even look at the paperwork that I brought to put together any kind of a picture---it was just an ultrasound.
I will need to do a follow up w/her vet. We are in the process of starting to break down our apartment here (we will be keeping a smaller studio apt. on the first floor of our building) so big time down sizing. We will send a container to the US at some point as well. So I will be really busy for the next 5 wks. & then we will be doing quite a bit of work related travel, so things will be up in the air for a while.

Thanks for the update! Keeping them in my thoughts but it sounds they're in good and professional hands.
And for your part there're some busy weeks ahead with several changes! Keeping you all in my thoughts and hope it works out the way you wish. How long are you gonna stay in Vienna? I remember you mentioned moving back to the US in the near future.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

My lovely girls Ullana & Vanessa!

Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2017, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

Sandi,

What is the significance of the 2nd concern - what does it mean?
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Walter, not yet sure. It is not the result itself exactly but in tandem w/the other results. I need to find someone who knows more than most people (including me) but one article I read linked it to vasculitis, which is how Lisi lost her ear flap. Most of the vets here know nothing about that so doubt they will know anything. I am thinking of sending the results to my vet in the US---although they (4 women in a practice) are pretty young & inexperienced. If we have any issues I may go back to Texas A & M--but that is out for the moment. Wait & watch.

"Wag more Bark less"
Old 03-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Alexa, we are not moving back exactly. We are going to try & spend 6 months in US & 6 months here for the time being. We will see how that works out. We need time to acclimate. We have lived overseas since 1974, so as long as we can make that work it would be good! :-)

"Wag more Bark less"
Old 03-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Alexandra
Dog's Name: Ullana

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Alexa, we are not moving back exactly. We are going to try & spend 6 months in US & 6 months here for the time being. We will see how that works out. We need time to acclimate. We have lived overseas since 1974, so as long as we can make that work it would be good! :-)

I totally understand that, Sandi! After such a long period of time you feel bounded to both continents.

Hope deviding the year and living in both places will be the best solution for you and makes you feel happy, that's the most important thing anyway!

Honestly I like that plan very much because I still hope to meet you all again one day and the chance for me is much better to do it here in Europe! Hugs my sweet friend!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

My lovely girls Ullana & Vanessa!

Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Heart

[QUOTE=Alexa;4056937]I totally understand that, Sandi! After such a long period of time you feel bounded to both continents.

Hope deviding the year and living in both places will be the best solution for you and makes you feel happy, that's the most important thing anyway!

Honestly I like that plan very much because I still hope to meet you all again one day and the chance for me is much better to do it here in Europe! Hugs my sweet friend!

Definitely will make that one a priority!

"Wag more Bark less"
Old 03-19-2017, 10:42 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Hoping that future results will be good for both of the kids. I'm always told that these tests are a snapshot of what's going on at the moment. It can change at any time. Hopefully does s for the better.
I didn't know about your 1/2 and 1/2 plans. Sounds wonderful to me.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Hoping that future results will be good for both of the kids. I'm always told that these tests are a snapshot of what's going on at the moment. It can change at any time. Hopefully does s for the better.
I didn't know about your 1/2 and 1/2 plans. Sounds wonderful to me.

The last big decision will take place tomorrow night when we have a final meeting about details w/our bldg. owner. So I haven't spoken before because it is not quite 100%, although we have been given a verbal go-ahead. I have been on edge for months not able to say much. We have not been able to start packing because we have to see what will stay here first. I will have to share the story in person---hopefully in June at Pat's party. It is a good story.
This is part of the reason that I did not say more about when we were moving when we were in the US working on our house. It was sort of in the works even then.

"Wag more Bark less"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement