Ava isn't feeling well... :( - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pat
Dog's Name: Archie, Abbey, Ava, Mona Lisa and Tinker
Default Ava isn't feeling well... :(

Ok here's the story....., so yesterday was Easter. I don't do anything for the dogs, but for some reason I decided to give them each a piece of chicken jerky. Everyone was fine...well except for Ava. She threw up several times, a slimy bile..(never mind...)

Anyway in the afternoon our company started showing up and everything got pretty busy. Is wasn't until around 7pm when things were calming down that I realized that I hadn't seen Ava for several hours!!!! !!!

After a frantic search of the house and down the street several times, I finally found her in the basement in a dog bed (my second time searching there).

Now it's Monday, She has not eaten since yesterday morning and is totally lethargic. This afternoon after no change, I took her to the vet as an emergency case.

We opted to not do exrays, bloodwork just yet. She was given fluid under her skin, antibiotics, anti nausea meds, and some sort of pills to start tomorrow. The doc seems to think she should be much better by then, and if not...back we go to the vet again.

I just hate to see her looking so pitiful. and I must say, I woke up about 100 times last night to make sure she was still breathing...that's how worried I've been. ..and remembering how Mona Lisa passed away a few years ago didn't help.

The chicken jerky (made in the USA) is in the trash as we speak. Thanks for listening to my rant...

Ava isn't feeling well... :(-img_0354.jpg

Archie, Ava and Abbey
Life is Good!!!....and keeps gettin' better!!!

To get to Ava's FB page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ava/2...9759780?ref=hl
The A Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Aww ... bless Ava's heart. Could she have gotten hold of some food that might have dropped on the floor while your company was visiting?

You did the right thing by taking Ava to the vet this afternoon. Maybe she won't be herself for another day.

I know exactly what you are going through worrying if sweet Ava is going to be okay. I am assuming though that the vet would not have said it was okay to take her home if they thought it was something life threatening.

Please keep us updated, Pat. And, please give Ava some gentle hugs and kisses from her Auntie Marie.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

OH Pat what a worry! She does look so pitiful. I hope, as Marie said, that they would have kept her in if they thought it was more serious. I hope those meds fix her up quickly. Poor baby! Well the throwing up probably helped it from being worse, hope so anyhow. Let us know how she's doing. It's awful watching them like this.

Old 04-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

Oh poor Ava looks so sad. Not sure if I would be able to wait for morning for her to perk up because she's just so tiny. Is she pooping normally? I will send prayers that she's feeling better by morning.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Last edited by pippersmom; 04-17-2017 at 06:34 PM.
pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

Poor Ava. She does look under the weather. Do you think she may have pancreatitis?
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lynda
Dog's Name: Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie

Gosh Pat, I hope it is nothing too serious. She looks like she is not feeling well in your picture. Hope she is feeling better by tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie
lynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

After reading about poor little Ava, I too immediately thought about Ava might have pancreatitis. We were sure that we were going to lose our beloved Snuggles last Monday and after all of the test results came back on Tuesday, our Vet said that Snuggles has pancreatitis. So, we changed her diet to Chrissy's (she also has pancreatitis) since it is so low in fat and protein and she is doing somewhat better. Vet also prescribed cerafate to help with the tummy issues.
Please keep us posted and I hope that little Ava feels better real soon!
Snuggle's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sherry
Dog's Name: Riley and Sissy

Oh Pat, I'm so sorry Ava is sick! I hope she is better by morning and this is just a bad nightmare. Sending love and prayers.

sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Paula, mommy to my Matilda and Maddie
Dog's Name: Matilda & Maddie Miss Button's and Bow's is waiting for me a Heaven's Rainbow Bridge

oh Pat she looks so sick, I know how much you love her, I will be praying for her and for you.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie
Dog's Name: Harry, Teddy, Ben, Sprite, and Max

Oh no, Pat. I hope that Ava is already feeling better. I have 2 sickies here, so I know how you're worrying. Please keep us updated.
harrysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement