Weight guess - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cathy
Dog's Name: Edgar, Emmet, Mercedes and Whitney

I think between 10 and 12 pounds.

Mercedes and Whitney
elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly View Post
OH NO!!! I hope not!! That's gonna be a lot of weight to tote around in those carriers.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cathy
Dog's Name: Edgar, Emmet, Mercedes and Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianna82 View Post
OH NO!!! I hope not!! That's gonna be a lot of weight to tote around in those carriers.
I only say that because Edgar was 2.5 pounds at 8 weeks he is now 13ish pounds he is 12 years old.

Mercedes and Whitney
elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianna82 View Post
Get a stroller! Seriously, it is much easier to take a big Maltese with you in a stroller than it is to try to carry them on your shoulder.

I checked my records and Bailey was 3.7 lbs. when he was a week older than Gucci. Obviously the double the weight guideline didn't work for him as he is eleven pounds now. His lines supposedly stop growing about eight months, but Bailey continued to grow. I thought for sure he was finished growing after his first birthday and bought him quite a few adorable vests. He filled out and now I can barely velcro them closed.

I wanted a larger Maltese since I have young grandchildren. I also like to walk and would be terrified to walk a tiny fragile little dog. Although Bailey is bigger than I expected, he is the perfect size for his personality. He absolutely adores small children and playing with other dogs and he can do that safely at his size. I've been walking the two mile trail around the local lake here lately and he can do that easily.

Did you buy a lot of clothes for Gucci already? You can always sell them here if they don't fit. There is also a Facebook group for reselling dog clothes. I sold a lot of Lady's clothes there and will have to sell Bailey's now, too. He's got a whole drawer full of pajamas that no longer fit him. I already sold the Halloween harness he never even wore.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Well, that growth scale is certainly not working for Leila!

At 9 weeks, she was 1.8 lbs (24 oz) and should grow up to be 4 lbs.

Then, at exactly 12 weeks, she was 3lbs even (48oz) and should grow up to be almost 6.5lbs.

At 15 weeks old, she was 4.4lbs (68oz) and should grow to be close to 7.5lbs.

This past Friday, two days shy of being 18 weeks, she was 5.6lbs (88oz) and is off the chart!

Both of her parents are 4lbs. I don't know what her grandparents weighed and didn't think to ask at the time. I'm wondering if all the treats from training have put on extra weight.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie

Sophie weighed exactly 2 pounds at her 12 week appointment, which sounds like she'll be 4 pounds, which is the size of her daddy. Her dad is 4 pounds and her mom is 4 1/4 pounds. So Sophie should be pretty tiny.
But I would definitely ask how big her parents are to get a better guesstimate of Gucci's full grown size.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I agree with Marj.....you never know what they will be when full grown. Always hard to tell. We all want small furbabies. Hope both of yours remain small but you never know. My Zoe was 3.8 lbs. at 7 months and now is 5.2 lbs. at 2 years and 3 months. You will love them no matter how big or small they are.
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

She may be growing quickly but will significantly slow down too. Like skin kids....some kids grow really fast earlier, like in height, then stop or slow down. Ya never know.
I laughed at the treat comment, because that can add a little weight too! haha. Are you feeding her according to the chart for the food?
Max only weighed like 1.5 pounds (maybe less) at 12 weeks....he is now 5 months, and weighs maybe 2.5 pounds. I have read that Maltese usually stop growing at 8 months. They seem to slow down a lot too after 6 months. My vet who has always owned Maltese told me this too. But, after reading posts from owners here, it seems that theory is not reliable either. According to the maltese charts, Max would only reach 3.5 pounds full grown, and that is what my vet also estimated he would end up....but, who knows??
Max&Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

Name: Karen T
Dog's Name: Scruffy & Lucy

My Lucy is 11mos. & 7 lbs! Love her SO much! Big brother (4yrs) was supposed to be full Maltese but is 13 lbs---we think he must be a Malti-poo! (very curly hair) i could care less, but its a shame people lie about stuff like that. Both mine are perfect size per my vet...not too fat nor too thin. Love them both dearly!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci

Gucci's dad was 5, I believe and mom was a little under 5.5. When we went to her 12 week check, she was exactly 3lbs. So my scale was a little off. But I guess that I will get her weight at her 16 week and see if she is much heavier. I really hope she doesn't get bigger that 6 lbs. but I will love her anyway. I certainly see why the 3lb babies are so high in desire...Gucci is certainly easy to tote around right now. When she doubles weight, it won't be quite as easy.
Advertisement