Anyone with a small malt baby? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone with a small malt baby?

Hey everyone.,

My sweet little Max got weighed today at the vets office. He is just about 5 months old and weighs 2.1 pounds! He is very active, happy, and seems very healthy. I have noticed his appetite has gotten a little less. Meaning, he doesnt gobble up his food as fast or as vigorously as he did for the last 3 months. I am just wondering if any other pet parents out there have a baby this small? The vet doesnt think he will grow much bigger than 3.5 pounds....and she said shed be surprised if he even hit that weight! I love him so very much, and he is just the most precious little thing.

Any comments or thoughts?
Max&Roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Honestly, its so hard to tell what they will be full grown since they can grow up to 2 years. My Zoe was 3 lbs. at 5 months and is now 5 lbs. at 2 years old. She is also a poor eater but her vet said perfect. Max may stay on the smaller side...time will tell. There are malts that here on SM that weigh 3 plus pounds. Just enjoy him and love him to pieces.
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you! I do love him and he is very spoiled! I take him with me everywhere I can, I stay home, so he is with me all day long and night. We are attached to one another for sure! We have a little Yorkie girl....Roxy is 11 yrs old and weighs 4.5 pds. They have become little pals finally....took some time but they seem to really enjoy one another! warms my heart! It is fine if he ends up less than 4 pds....he is just so small, we have to be so careful with him.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I know when they are so small you have to be so careful. My Zoe goes with me everywhere too. Even places dogs aren't allowed. We have a carrier that looks just like a handbag and she is so quiet and happy just being with me. These little guys are the best!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

haha....you sound like me! which carrier do you have? I just got the kwigy bo luxe bag in gold. He loves it in there and i sneak him around where you arent suppose to have dogs. I have been "caught" by staff, but then they see him in there, and just smile and let me go on....haha. These little babies are so sweet and just want to be with you all the time.

I got Max a cat collar with a little bell on it, so when we are home we can hear him run around and keep him safe. Its hard to find anything that fits him at all. He is all fur, so he looks a little bigger, but his little body is tiny.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

My male named Milo was 2.2lbs when he was 5 months old. Now he is about 15.5 months and weighs about 3.25lbs and he hasn't grown for at least 6 months. His weight has been fluctuating from 3.1-3.4lbs depending on when he ate vs when I weigh him. He is so precious and he is super tiny. Definitely I have to be careful with him because of his size but I think you have to with just about every Maltese since they are pretty tiny even at 8lb-10lbs. My female Mimi is two days older than Milo and weighs 3.9lbs and to me, she looks similar size as Milo. Only diff is that her head is a little bug bigger than his but other than that it's hard to tell. I love them both regardless of their weight. Only thing you do have to be watchful is that their growth isn't stunted due to some medical condition such as liver shunt. Enjoy your baby!
SweetMalteseAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I have two Kwigy Bo bags....the Alex Luxe in black and Alex Luxe in Silver. Is the gold nice because I thought about getting the gold too, but I think my DH will kill me. Zoe is so light 5 lbs. that I don't mind taking her with me everywhere and I mean everywhere. Zoe is very furry too it makes her look bigger. I never cut her hair just trimmed around her feet. I like her hair long.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oh my gosh, your babies are soooooo cute!!! how do you keep them so white and clean? we are dealing with the tear staining thing....i am hoping it will get a bit better when the teething stops. Max's parents were 3 and 5 pounds....and he was the middle sized pup out of 3. He is charting to be less than 3.5 pds....but we will see. Where did you get your babies from?
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like the gold...I loved the silver, and I usually always buy silver....I guess I wanted something different. The gold is a nice shade of gold...it seems a tad more "champagne" to me. I ended up getting the large size because I wanted to the large pockets to carry things. He stretches out in there....but I am wondering if I should have gotten the smaller size now? I use it a lot with him, because I want him to gret use to it for travel on planes etc.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Its good to have a bigger one.....I hate to say it but I have two black, one small and one large black and a small silver. Its crazy but I justify it because I haven't gotten myself a handbag so this makes up for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement