Maltese? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

Looks like a naked Maltese to me. Even if he is mixed, it's the Malt that is coming out in him.

That little guy looks so miserable and scared, I hope you can bring him home soon. In my opinion, he would recover more quickly in your warm quiet home than in a shelter with people and dogs coming and going. You are going to have a devoted little companion. Rescued dogs are always so forever grateful to their rescuer.

Hopefully you can housetrain him without too much difficulty but there are very cute belly bands on the market these days that will make him look very stylish should he be resistant.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianna82 View Post
Well, I guess I am gonna be the ding bat that is wrong, but he doesn't seem FULL Maltese to me. He's definitely at least mixed, but doesn't seem purebred. Either way, he IS a cutie and you will make him very happy.
Can you pick out which breed you think he could be mixed with?
Lovespink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
Looks like a naked Maltese to me. Even if he is mixed, it's the Malt that is coming out in him.

That little guy looks so miserable and scared, I hope you can bring him home soon. In my opinion, he would recover more quickly in your warm quiet home than in a shelter with people and dogs coming and going. You are going to have a devoted little companion. Rescued dogs are always so forever grateful to their rescuer.

Hopefully you can housetrain him without too much difficulty but there are very cute belly bands on the market these days that will make him look very stylish should he be resistant.
I work the next three nights, so starting Thursday I have 7 in a row off, so she wants to at least give him a couple more days to make sure he's recovering without complications. Hope Thursday comes quick!
Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Ahhh poor little sad boy. Maltese just LOVE to be around people and interact, so it's always sad when I see one homeless so to speak. His face and size look Maltese. If not, there is prob no way to know what it is unless you do a DNA test, if it is important that you know for sure. What do the papers say?
When he is bathed, and fed good food, and that coat grows out he will be so cute!!! I have a male and he is a pure love bug. If were me I would want him to stay near the Vet until he is healed. For me nothing worse than going to the ER in night with complications--esp since he is new to you. But Stacey is right if he marks is that going to be an issue for you? Would hate to see him go through a re-homing again. What ever you do good luck.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

Just temperament is important, because I love that of the maltese, so that's why I'm hoping he's full. And, of course, maltese are the cutest! The rescue says she has papers (not from the most reputable group, but can't remember which one) but I haven't seen them yet. She says he isn't marking, but he could just not feel like it yet? I don't have any experience with marking. Is it something that can be untrained at age 2?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: Isabella Anne

He sure looks like he needs someone to love him. Whether he pure Malt, I can't say I know but he is a cute and I could give him a big hug if I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Isabella's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

That's why I also want to wait till Thursday to meet him, maybe she will learn a thing about him before then ( good or bad ), so another rehoming stress won't be put on anyone ( which I am scared of if I got him this quick, even though 3-4 days may not make a huge difference)
Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

He looks like a Maltese to me.