Registration Name - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
So if I wanna do a play off her parents could I do DHR Mi Princess Sophie since both her parents have 'Mi' in their names, or would I have to ask permission to use that part of the name? Any other suggestions for Soph's registered name?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Honestly, since it's not a show breeder, you don't really 'need' to ask permission, or even add their DHR to the registered. I like Mi Princess Sophie! It's cute

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie
Default Registration Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
Honestly, since it's not a show breeder, you don't really 'need' to ask permission, or even add their DHR to the registered. I like Mi Princess Sophie! It's cute
Well the breeder already put the DHR on the registration paper, so I think she wanted that to be part of the name, lol. I like it too, it perfectly describes Sophie, she's my princess anyone else have a good name?

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Ivy

I really like Mi Princess Sophie too!

Did Sophie's breeder have another name she called her before you brought her home? I incorporated that name into Ivy's registered name. Ivy's breeder called her "Faith". We wanted to name her "Ivy" as a nod to our first Maltese who had passed away at age 17, Holly ("The Holly and the Ivy"). So my new puppy's AKC registered name became "Wild Haven's Faith in Ivy" because we had a lot of "faith" that she was going to be the perfect puppy for us - which she has turned out to be! Wild Haven is the name of our farm.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barb
Dog's Name: Spookie

If I ever get around to registering her, she will be Sea Outlaws Spookie Samhain. Kennel name, Samhain is the Celtic word for Halloween which is her birthday.

Any holidays around her bday you could incorporate?

Think before you pink
Do you know how the money is spent?
spookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
I really like Mi Princess Sophie too!

Did Sophie's breeder have another name she called her before you brought her home? I incorporated that name into Ivy's registered name. Ivy's breeder called her "Faith". We wanted to name her "Ivy" as a nod to our first Maltese who had passed away at age 17, Holly ("The Holly and the Ivy"). So my new puppy's AKC registered name became "Wild Haven's Faith in Ivy" because we had a lot of "faith" that she was going to be the perfect puppy for us - which she has turned out to be! Wild Haven is the name of our farm.
Sophie has always been Sophie, when I was talking to our breeder before Sophie was even conceived, I already knew what I wanted to name her so I always referred to her as Sophie, so that's what she's always been called

Old 01-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
So if I wanna do a play off her parents could I do DHR Mi Princess Sophie since both her parents have 'Mi' in their names, or would I have to ask permission to use that part of the name? Any other suggestions for Soph's registered name?

I love that name!

As Stacy said, since her breeder doesn't show you don't have to ask permission to use DHR, especially since you are only using initials.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
dcm

Name: Debra
Dog's Name: My Malts: Annika, Autumn, Jurney, Secret, Winnie, Ricky, & Rumor. My Boxers: Mika & Greta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
Wrong! Whether it's a show breeder or not....it's unethical to use someone else's name without permission.

Also.....on the AKC papers, I believe this specifically refers to an AKC registered kennel name. There is a difference.

Irregardless, whether a kennel name is registered or not, I would never use another breeder's kennel name without asking their permission. Just not right.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Leah
Dog's Name: Ari

Ari name is Aristotle of Lake Lucein... Lucein was his sire. I did not get to name him but I have always registered my dogs to include the sire or dam name.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Wrong! Whether it's a show breeder or not....it's unethical to use someone else's name without permission.

Also.....on the AKC papers, I believe this specifically refers to an AKC registered kennel name. There is a difference.

Irregardless, whether a kennel name is registered or not, I would never use another breeder's kennel name without asking their permission. Just not right.
Well, regardless I asked the breeders permission, she's absolutely thrilled about Sophie's registered name, so it will be official when I send in the paper, her name is "DHR Mi Princess Sophie"

Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Donna
Dog's Name: Ollie

I didn't registered Ollie, but my DH named him Oliver Winston McCamis III!! I have absolutely no idea where it came from!!!