Where (from whom) did you get your Maltese? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 09:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could share where they got their Maltese or from whom specifically they got their Maltese. Also, any recommendations (good or bad), experiences, advice, etc. --would be great if you could share those.
Thanks!!!!!
BugHillHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to LexiAndNikkisMom Send a message via Yahoo to LexiAndNikkisMom

I got Lexi from Kathy White (White's Ashwood Kennel) in Garden Grove, IA. I have since found out she is technically a puppymill, so I would NOT recommend her.

For my 2nd puppy I'm trying to go off the AMA list. Right now I'm waiting on some litters from Cheryl Dawn Shoemaker (Babydoll Maltese), Cheryl Filson(Cher-Chien Maltese), and Bobbie Dodd. All of the litters are due any day now.

Kristi, Lexi, & Nikki

LexiAndNikkisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

the breeder was Lloyd Buck but the brokers name was Irma. and...eventhough the dogs are cute---it turned out to be a puppymill.
Red Eared Slider-Turtle,Yellow Parakeet-Tweety
Dogster Page
doctorcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I got kodie from a lady near my house... she breeds her own dogs and sells the pups to people she knows. She isnt listed on any breeder lists because she just does it privately and sells to people she is familar with. She takes good care of her babies but... I do not recommend a puppy from her unless you get tests ran on you pup first. She does not do any blood work/tests on her maltese! I was also given kodie at 8 weeks old.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think that Lexi is beautiful--good luck with your new baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@May 25 2005, 09:57 AM
I got Lexi from Kathy White (White's Ashwood Kennel) in Garden Grove, IA.* I have since found out she is technically a puppymill, so I would NOT recommend her.

For my 2nd puppy I'm trying to go off the AMA list.* Right now I'm waiting on some litters from Cheryl Dawn Shoemaker (Babydoll Maltese), Cheryl Filson(Cher-Chien Maltese), and Bobbie Dodd.* All of the litters are due any day now.
<div align="right">
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 25 2005, 10:07 AM
the breeder was Lloyd Buck but the brokers name was Irma.* and...eventhough the dogs are cute---it turned out to be a puppymill.*
<div align="right">
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Send a message via AIM to LexiAndNikkisMom Send a message via Yahoo to LexiAndNikkisMom

Quote:
Originally posted by BugHillHeather+May 25 2005, 09:43 AM-->
Quote:
I think that Lexi is beautiful--good luck with your new baby!

<!--QuoteBegin-Lexi's Mom
Quote:
@May 25 2005, 09:57 AM
I got Lexi from Kathy White (White's Ashwood Kennel) in Garden Grove, IA.* I have since found out she is technically a puppymill, so I would NOT recommend her.

For my 2nd puppy I'm trying to go off the AMA list.* Right now I'm waiting on some litters from Cheryl Dawn Shoemaker (Babydoll Maltese), Cheryl Filson(Cher-Chien Maltese), and Bobbie Dodd.* All of the litters are due any day now.
<div align="right">
<div align="right">
[/B][/QUOTE]
Where are you from? We might be able to help you find a good breeder in your area.

Kristi, Lexi, & Nikki

LexiAndNikkisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

My first Maltese turned out to be a Maltese Bichon mix and came from a small local puppy mill before I knew better.

Mikey and Jonathan are from a breeder whom I would not recommend. Very nice people, but I would run from those lines due to the liver problems they produce.

My last pup was from a reputable breeder and I was very, very pleased with them. I would purchase from them again.

My mutt is from the local SPCA. One cat was rescued from a vet hospital and the other is from the local Animal Welfare League.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

My Lady is a rescue. She originally came from a pet shop/puppy mill and has multiple health issues including diabetes and epilepsy. I would obviously not recommend getting a puppy from a pet shop or puppy mill. As it was in Lady's case, she was perfectly healthy for nearly 5 years until all theses genetic "time bombs" started going off.

As far as adopting a rescue, I would recommend it 100%. I haven't had a puppy or kitten in nearly 25 years. My two Siamese cats are also rescues. The love and devotion you get back from an animal who has been discarded or abused as my Siamese Sarah was can't compare with puppy or kitten love in my opinion! It is so rewarding to help these special souls work through their issues and baggage.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by LadysMom@May 25 2005, 09:14 AM
As far as adopting a rescue, I would recommend it 100%. I haven't had a puppy or kitten in nearly 25 years. My two Siamese cats are also rescues.* The love and devotion you get back from an animal who has been discarded or abused as my Siamese Sarah was can't compare with puppy or kitten love in my opinion! It is so rewarding to help these special souls work through their issues and baggage.
<div align="right">
[/QUOTE]

im going to do the same thing! i hate puppies now. talk to MEE also....she's taking care of her friends puppy---its such a pain in the butt.

well...i dont know why ladysmom decided to not get a puppy or kitten---but my reason is that puppies are too much trouble. LOL
Red Eared Slider-Turtle,Yellow Parakeet-Tweety
Dogster Page
doctorcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement