X-large dog crate safe as "play pen"? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 07:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBird View Post
Nope, just Icky, 6 leopard geckos, 3 tarantulas, 2 turtles and a lovebird (and a partridge in a pear tree). I think after Icky comes home the zoo will be full
I just had to burst out laughing at this post, Laura. You have geckos and tarantulas and you call a cute little, white, furry Maltese ICKY? Really? That's what I call geckos and tarantulas.
(sorry I just couldn't resist.)

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I have the IRIS for Lucy (I think I posted a photo of it once). I have the shorter one, and only the standard 4 panels. It's big enough for her bed, another "bed" of a folded blanket, her water dish, and still more room. She COULD get out of it if she was a jumper/climber, but apparently she is content to stay in it. I did buy the mesh top that fits on it just in casem, but so far I haven't needed it. If I were you, I'd start with 4 panels and then decide if you need more.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Icky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
I just had to burst out laughing at this post, Laura. You have geckos and tarantulas and you call a cute little, white, furry Maltese ICKY? Really? That's what I call geckos and tarantulas.
(sorry I just couldn't resist.)
Haha, that is how we roll around here! At least I do, my better half is just really tolerant

Icky is CKC registered...his actual name is Sir Ichabod Crane (Legend of Sleepy Hollow fan!!!), but I think Icky sounds cute (maybe I have a warpped sense of cute though...I also call my favorite tarantula (Alice) cute..haha).

On a different note, I am going to return the pen that I got at Babies R Us...the panels are really hard to move into and out of place (I want to leave the door open for him incase he needs to piddle while he is out of his pen). I think I am going to order the IRIS from Amazon, get it shipped to the boarder near Winnipeg, and then make a day trip down and pick it, and some other goodies, up.

Last edited by YellowBird; 11-09-2012 at 08:38 PM.
YellowBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement