Boarding School Anyone? - Page 10 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #91 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kandis
Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny Maltese

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLucy View Post
Is she only 12 weeks??? For some reason I thought she was 5 months, but maybe I was seeing the "5 week training." For those of you who have had Malt puppies--does she look like 12 weeks? If she's really only 12 weeks old...well...I have no words. Just a horrible feeling in my chest. I think it's my heart breaking for the little thing.
She looks younger than 5 mo to me. Be just as traumatic at any age for a Maltese (or any dog) in this type of training facility. All is gained by 5 weeks with a prong collar and fear, not positive reward.

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #92 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Maureen
Dog's Name: Cherry Lola, (Bonnies Angels) Penny Lane, (Spunsilk)

He does state on FB that she is 12 weeks...

Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibu View Post
This is apalling! Bibu doesn't always sit on command, barks at me when he wants something or is hungry and chases rabbits freely without being stopped. Now, would I trade his safety/health in to make him my personal robot...HECK NO! I agree training to an extent is necessary for some people because it makes things easier when traveling etc. I also agree special training is necessary for companion or search and rescue animals. What I disagree with is when people see dogs as robots rather than little living companions/soulmates and would trade their health, safety, mental stability, etc. in for 5 weeks to get a robot in exchange. If you want a robot, go buy one and save your dog from irreparable damage.
Very well said. Thank you.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #94 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carina
Dog's Name: Cadeau, Cadie, Cacia, CherryB, Cherish & Charm (Cloud, Clancy, Clouseau, Cameo & Calypso @ bridge)
Send a message via AIM to CloudClan Send a message via Yahoo to CloudClan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhaven View Post
He does state on FB that she is 12 weeks...
Yes, and looking him up, his professional qualifications seem non-existent. He was a lingerie salesman before he became a dog trainer. The article where I found that information talks about how his new business is more profitable for him. I went to his website to look for any actual training he himself engaged in before he became a dog trainer and the best I could find was that he was mentored by someone as similarly without qualifications.

Other disturbing elements found in this search: He posted a picture of dogs roaming near a busy highway unleashed and claims they can do this because he has trained them so perfectly they will always follow recall.

He posts pictures of a dog that he says is one of the most human aggressive dogs he has ever worked with being hugged by his small child. (If he is willing to put his own child in such danger, what would he do with a small Maltese.)

Another thing about the pictures he posts of the dogs, their body postures look stressed and/or anxious. These dogs do not look like they are enjoying the experience.

It hurts my heart to thing of a 12 week old Maltese puppy (or really one of any breed) going to a facility like this. I wonder if the breeder was told this would happen.

Puppies have short attention spans, like children. They should be trained with play and fun. If you look at how service dogs are trained, they are first placed with families for love and socialization and "basic" training. Most will never have intensive all day training until they are at least six months old, some not for another year after that.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #95 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudClan View Post
Yes, and looking him up, his professional qualifications seem non-existent. He was a lingerie salesman before he became a dog trainer. The article where I found that information talks about how his new business is more profitable for him. I went to his website to look for any actual training he himself engaged in before he became a dog trainer and the best I could find was that he was mentored by someone as similarly without qualifications.

Other disturbing elements found in this search: He posted a picture of dogs roaming near a busy highway unleashed and claims they can do this because he has trained them so perfectly they will always follow recall.

He posts pictures of a dog that he says is one of the most human aggressive dogs he has ever worked with being hugged by his small child. (If he is willing to put his own child in such danger, what would he do with a small Maltese.)

Another thing about the pictures he posts of the dogs, their body postures look stressed and/or anxious. These dogs do not look like they are enjoying the experience.

It hurts my heart to thing of a 12 week old Maltese puppy (or really one of any breed) going to a facility like this. I wonder if the breeder was told this would happen.

Puppies have short attention spans, like children. They should be trained with play and fun. If you look at how service dogs are trained, they are first placed with families for love and socialization and "basic" training. Most will never have intensive all day training until they are at least six months old, some not for another year after that.
I saw all of those things too and am just so sickened. Did you see the videos of them on the treadmills? If I understood correctly, this is in addition to walking them 45 minutes each time three times a day, plus swimming. He likes to wear them down so they don't have any energy left! I don't think Maltese should walk 45 minutes at one time even once a day. And is he even using sunscreen on Emme when he has her outside? This guy is a cruel nut case who abuses animals and gets a kick out of it. He even says on Facebook something about to the ones who don't like it go away. He needs to be shut down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #96 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank Carina for posting his info. Hopefully this thread will STOP other owners trying to find a way around PUPPY TRAINING. I worry this puppy proves to be a bother for this man. All the needs they have at this age. I pray this puppy makes it home safely. The COLLAR and other dogs are my big fears. Penny snorts if her harness pulls. This guy is just another CESAR wannabe!! Gosh I just wish Emme Mom would go get her out from this situation.

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-08-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudClan View Post

Good post. I also noticed the dogs look stressed and or anxious in my opinion. Not a good way to live as far as I'm concerned. Dogs deserve to be happy. I was wondering about the breeder as well. According to one of the firsts posts here by the poster the baby was born 8/18/2012.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #98 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

This is so upsetting
Poor Emme

I just do not understand why anyone would send a 12 week old puppy away for 5 weeks to be trained - even if the trainer was a great one. Surely you just got her and you send her away?

Milo's Instagram
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
I saw all of those things too and am just so sickened. Did you see the videos of them on the treadmills? If I understood correctly, this is in addition to walking them 45 minutes each time three times a day, plus swimming. He likes to wear them down so they don't have any energy left! I don't think Maltese should walk 45 minutes at one time even once a day. And is he even using sunscreen on Emme when he has her outside? This guy is a cruel nut case who abuses animals and gets a kick out of it. He even says on Facebook something about to the ones who don't like it go away. He needs to be shut down!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Outrageous. What can be done about it?

Last edited by summer; 12-08-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #100 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Samantha-I was wondering how you are so sure Manola LOVED going away to this camp, since dogs don't talk.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread