Boarding School Anyone? - Page 11 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #101 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Do any of you who are breeders or do showings know of the breeders in RI?

Maybe if you do, contact them and ask them to look at Emme...see if she is theirs. This little girl needs rescued

I try to stay away from this tread but it just breaks my heart.

Here Grace and Gus are going to get cupcakes today for their birthdays.... and for Christmas I have all their presents wrapped and ready to go.... And poor Emme is going to be at boot camp getting her neck pinched and jerked.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post

Maybe if you do, contact them and ask them to look at Emme...see if she is theirs. This little girl needs rescued

Here Grace and Gus are going to get cupcakes today for their birthdays.... and for Christmas I have all their presents wrapped and ready to go.... And poor Emme is going to be at boot camp getting her neck pinched and jerked.
Do you think the people involved in rescue would know if something could be done to help her?
Old 12-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #103 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

She looks so precious and prim! I hope the 5 weeks will fly by for you and her.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #104 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post

I

I was going keep mum on this one ... but, IF breeders truly care about what is happening to this little one ... then, I would so respect each and every one of our breeders (and, rescue workers) for speaking up ... just like Carina has done. I think it is so important to receive feedback from our professional breeders and rescue workers. In my eyes, staying silent on something like this ... seems to send a message that one thinks it is okay for what is happening to this helpless Maltese. Thank you, Carina, for stepping up to the plate.

All of our SM members here have given such thoughtful and honest feedback. My heart goes out to precious innocent Emme. I pray it is just my bad eyesight ... but, it looks to me like her little face and paws need to be washed. And, what about her teeth being cleaned every day ... is that being done? What is she being fed ... nutritious food? Gosh, she's not even spayed ... too young unless I have the dates wrong ... I don't even want to think what could happen to her in that regard. Can one view these poor dogs on camera twenty/four seven ... to see exactly what is happening? I have so many questions.

But, one thing I know for sure ... this guy needs to put out of business. It just a big money making deal for him.

I would never ever send my Snowball away to a place like that. It's OUR responsibility, when needed, to work together, with a reputable and certified trainer or behaviorist, with any issues that our precious fluffs might be having.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #105 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Brenda
Dog's Name: Jodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
Just saw the FB postings by the "trainer." This is not a stuffed animal, this is our newest 5 week board and train dog who came to us without knowing a thing, and will leave a fully trained dog and With just 10 minutes to grab a quick lunch, I grab Emme and put her in Place while I prepare, eat and clean up my meal. Turn every opportunity of your day to make a great training opportunity, your dog is always learning, give them lots of great information and repetition to learn what you want them to do and not what they always want to do.
Kind of makes me ill. Emme didn't know a thing? Really? Within about an hour of getting Tyler he had already learned to sit. Another 5 minutes, lie down. Took on heal by himself. I don't even like the reference to "grabbing Emme" and I feel that trainer really means, Emme's put "in her place." When I get a meal and sit an eat it, my dog doesn't beg or bother me. He just lies under the table or in the room next door. I just didn't give scraps of human food. Gee, didn't take a prong collar to do any of that. I guess we have different ways of loving and teaching our dogs. I'll take Victoria Stillwell any day. To me you can't send away your family.

I taught Jodi to sit, paw etc, in less than 15 minutes too. If Jodi is watching me eat I say, "no baby" and he walks away. I don't have experience in training either. Maybe I have a very obedient dog but I didn't use negative reinforcement to make him listen. I agree, he learned that 'no' along with not getting any table food, meant he wasn't getting any food. I guess he's smart at math and put 2 and 2 together.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #106 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

I have already posted on a Maltese exhibitor list asking if this was someone's puppy they had placed. Just very sad. Comments have been made on the fb pics but they are deleted just as quickly

Old 12-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #107 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Thank you Stacy.

I hope if this is someone's baby they take action.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Old 12-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #108 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
I have already posted on a Maltese exhibitor list asking if this was someone's puppy they had placed. Just very sad. Comments have been made on the fb pics but they are deleted just as quickly
Thank you, Stacy. I have stayed out of this thread because everything I would say has already been said, but I kept thinking no reputable breeder would allow this to happen to her puppy.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #109 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post

Thank you Stacy.

My heart is just breaking for this little baby.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #110 (permalink)

Do any of you do Facebook? I don't have experience with it, but I am wondering if it would be a good way to get this dog some help. Maybe by passing the information to the rescues. I feel very sad for this maltese.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread