Boarding School Anyone? - Page 14 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #131 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
Before becoming a dog trainer, Mr. Gellman managed Miko Exoticwear. Not the credentials I would look for in a dog trainer.

Jeff Gellman | LinkedIn

Here's a review of Miko Exoticwear:

"Pretty good selection of lubes, condoms, and BDSM items. There aren't enough dildos, vibrators, gag-gifts or DVDs. What really separates Miko's from other sex shops are the classes. Where else can you sign a friend up for "How to please your man" and learn from a vulva-puppet? In the same place another day, you may take your weekly How to Strip class. Come here for sex ed, but look somewhere else if you are already educated."

Miko Lingerie & Exoticwear - CLOSED - Fox Point - Providence, RI

Geez what a great dog trainer not only can he train your dog he can recommend a dildo ya........ um ............. yup! what the heck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #132 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
I have already posted on a Maltese exhibitor list asking if this was someone's puppy they had placed. Just very sad. Comments have been made on the fb pics but they are deleted just as quickly
Thank you, Stacey. Even if they are deleting the FB pics ... at least whomever is doing the deleting, knows that people are now watching and starting to speak up.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #133 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Well looks like deleting pictures messages etc; is going to make you feel better then do it! just know that you are putting emme at risk! so is he going to shut down his facebook account as well...
Old 12-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #134 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysmom View Post
Before becoming a dog trainer, Mr. Gellman managed Miko Exoticwear for 14 years. Not the credentials I would look for in a dog trainer.

Jeff Gellman | LinkedIn

Here's a review of Miko Exoticwear:

"Pretty good selection of lubes, condoms, and BDSM items. There aren't enough dildos, vibrators, gag-gifts or DVDs. What really separates Miko's from other sex shops are the classes. Where else can you sign a friend up for "How to please your man" and learn from a vulva-puppet? In the same place another day, you may take your weekly How to Strip class. Come here for sex ed, but look somewhere else if you are already educated."

Miko Lingerie & Exoticwear - CLOSED - Fox Point - Providence, RI
I guess the poor fool was unable to work with humans, because he obviously had some weakness, so he turned his desire to dominate toward little dogs. What a pathetic excuse for a human being. Perhaps we should all search our souls and feel compassion for a man who is so inept he needs to dominate a tiny dog in order to feel adequate. Poor man, it must be really hard to dominate a two pound puppy.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #135 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Well, now she has deleted that picture of Emme here. Poor little Emme! I just can't get that cute little baby off my mind and that picture of her at 12 weeks old sitting there so innocent, wearing a choke collar. I hope that image isn't burned in my memory forever.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #136 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
Well, now she has deleted that picture of Emme here. Poor little Emme! I just can't get that cute little baby off my mind and that picture of her at 12 weeks old sitting there so innocent, wearing a choke collar. I hope that image isn't burned in my memory forever.
It has been burned in my mind since I first saw Emme's picture. Everyone here has said exactly what I have been feeling since I first looked at the post. I am so saddedned by this and don't quite understand how any human can get away with doing this in this day and age.....especially to a 4 week old Maltese that has no idea about life and who she is at such a young age. I am sickened and didn't want to respond to any of these posts for all these days but its so heart breaking. I almost felt like this person knew posting on SM would get the response it has and she is happy about it.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #137 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

I think we can all pretty much agree that this time of training is unnecessary for a young maltese puppy but there may be some circumstances with large aggressive dogs that this may be the answers to the owners prayers. I know I used to have an akita when I was growing up that we did all the wrong things with and did not properly socialize and a trainer that used similar techniques was a life saver for us. But that was a 100 lb Akita, not a couple pound little sweetie.

So yes we can make judgements and read into things that have been posted but it's just our opinions - it's not based on first hand knowledge. Let's just hope that things will works out for this little pup and her owner is not spending a huge chunk of money and getting back a frightened dog.

The show breeders who have responded are as horrified as all of us and I will be adding a paragraph into my contract saying that sending one of my dogs to this type of trainer will void all contract terms. I do not think I will be the only one adding this either.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #138 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Folks, the OP has requested that this thread be closed. I will honor her request.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #139 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
I think we can all pretty much agree that this time of training is unnecessary for a young maltese puppy but there may be some circumstances with large aggressive dogs that this may be the answers to the owners prayers. I know I used to have an akita when I was growing up that we did all the wrong things with and did not properly socialize and a trainer that used similar techniques was a life saver for us. But that was a 100 lb Akita, not a couple pound little sweetie.

So yes we can make judgements and read into things that have been posted but it's just our opinions - it's not based on first hand knowledge. Let's just hope that things will works out for this little pup and her owner is not spending a huge chunk of money and getting back a frightened dog.

The show breeders who have responded are as horrified as all of us and I will be adding a paragraph into my contract saying that sending one of my dogs to this type of trainer will void all contract terms. I do not think I will be the only one adding this either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread