10 life-threatening behavior myths - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
jmm
Maltese Guru

Puppy class should be for dogs under 16 weeks. At his age 2 classes in a row is probably too much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Stella
Dog's Name: Sweetie
Default A lesson

This was a great lesson for me! This article could have helped me even more if I found it earlier, but even now it gives me hope that I can fix some of my dog spoiled habits! Thanks for posting this amazing article!

-Stella
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for useful information!
I've read many articles and reviews (Veterinary and vet services review and complaints) about training Maltese, and I must say these dogs are not that easy to train! At least, I had some problems..
bullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullett View Post
Thanks for useful information!
I've read many articles and reviews (Veterinary and vet services review and complaints) about training Maltese, and I must say these dogs are not that easy to train! At least, I had some problems..
I only had one maltese but she wasn't difficult to train. Of course people have different meanings when they talk about "training" and Paris was never fully house broken but she was a good dog behaviorally. We watched "The Dog Whisperer" and it helped us improve our "energy" and thus help Paris be the great dog we wanted so much. Some behaviors might just be puppy issues that you would get with any puppy. Puppies and dogs should be considered a separate species. Like many puppies chew destructively but very few dogs do. It isn't a behavior problem but more of a developmental issue that will eventually go away. Paris was hard to house train but she was an obedient little girl who wanted to please me more than life. She could learn a trick faster than anybody. My husband said, we could teach that little dog to ride a unicycle but we couldn't teach her to pee and poo outside- not consistently. If anyone has advice about that I would love to hear it.

Last edited by Kathy Tobacco; 10-25-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Kathy Tobacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement