Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Litle blind maltese looking for a furever home

6K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  gopotsgo 
#1 ·
Blind/Deaf Shelter Dogs: XXX URGENT!!! CA, Glendale Senior Blind Maltese **Cute Alert**

This most adorable, senior, blind Maltese is looking for his forever home or a foster home based rescue ASAP, where he can belong to a loving family and spend his nights near you and not in a crate! He was rescued from a homeless woman and and is now at Pet Rush, Glendale's first rescue-only pet store. 13 is just the beginning senior years for a Maltese. Please help! If you find you are not in a position to help now, please quickly share this information.

We received the following:

I met the sweetest, blind 13 yr old Maltese today at Pet Rush. Rene said he was rescued from a homeless woman & is now part of his non-profit, Glendale Humane. Any ideas for finding a lovely retirement home for this baby to live out his remaining years. I hate to think of him alone, in a kennel when he should be curled up in a bed.

For further information, or to adopt or rescue (foster home based rescue only please)

Pet Rush
1420 W. Kenneth Road
Glendale, CA 91201
Phone: (818) 956-0029
Email: petrush@sbcglobal.net

http://www.petrush.net/adoption.html

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh Michelle, what an adorable little man. I so agree, he needs to be in a loving home though I love this socially responsible concept store. I'm going to post him on my face book page. Lindsey, can you post him as a courtesy posting on AMAR's Facebook page? I just love these seniors. I wonder if he has operatible cataracts? It would be great if his eyesight could be restored. He looks like a really small Malt. It doesn't mention anything about him being deaf in the posting. Glendale is about an hour from me. I want to visit him but I'm working for the next 10 days in a row and I'm currently stuck at SFO, flight delayed, grrrrrrr.

#5 ·
Michelle, I know you are worried about this little guy so that's why I'm making an appearance. I am meeting Max at Eye Care for Animals tomorrow for an evaluation on his eyes because that bulging eye worries me (saw a different photo.) I am not in a position to get him out of Glendale Humane but I have a private donor willing to pay for the eye exam. That's a start. I will Facebook you privately after the exam. Bron. Gigi and I are in contact regarding Max.

#12 ·
I've been so preoccupied with the hurricane that I just saw this. I had no idea that glaucoma could be painful.:blink: Poor sweet soul. Thank you Bron, Edie and Deb for coming to his aid. Let us know about what kind of costs will be involved. I'm stretched thin with the crisis here but would like to give something to help.

#31 ·
Precious little angel. I'm so happy and relieved he's safe.
My question is - why is it better to remove the eyes? Will he realize his eyes are gone? Is there any danger in blind eyes? Sorry for sounding dumb:blush:....

#33 ·
he is blind in both eyes and the pressure drops will most likely stop working eventually and it leaves him open to pain and suffering in the future. Since his eyes don't work, it is usually considered the best plan to remove then and forever give him comfort.

#32 ·
Hoping all goes well with his surgery,Bron. I'm so sorry that he was in pain from his eyes. Hoping that the drops are helping that too. He looks like such a cute little guy but have to say that eye is so out of proportion. It hurts me to look at it knowing he's in pain from it.

#37 ·
Dear Deb, have missed you! Hope you and your brood are doing well. Isn't little Max just adorable?! He is doing very well after his neuter and dental. Have you seen the latest video of him that Bron made? You will die. You are so wonderful to offer to help. I was thinking he would make a great boyfriend for Jops, LOL. XOXO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.