My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!) - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

Congratulations!! Does the little lady have a name? And I second the request for pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Thanks for taking this little one in and giving her love.

My Bitsy and Rylee would eat much at first and are still skinnier than my other three fluffs.. they don't eat a lot at once so, I will put some in my hand and they'll eat a bit more... I also feed them a bit through out the day so they nibble here and there. She just needs time and lots of love, cuddles and talk to her...I did that with mine and they really perked up...

Bitsy and Rylee were under stress, unwanted and had to fight for every scrap of food so eating itself was stressful... it took several weeks for them to get a routine and feel comfortable eating with the other dogs...

One day it was like a switch turned on...it'll happen

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Awwww....I am glad you are giving this precious baby a warm loving home. I look forward to hearing more stories about her and seeing some pics! Welcome to SM!
SweetMalteseAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bow

Dog's Name: Bow

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your posts, it's so nice to get all of those supportive thoughts!
Madison's mom: I hope she is ok now and all back to normal??

Just thought I'd give you an update about our little girl, who still doesn't have a name as we can't come up with anything sweet enough...

She is becoming all the time more and more brave - we even get a little bit of trusting, loving and gentle looks every now and then I was happy to see her telling my other dogs to go away when they tried to play with her, that shows there is some fire inside her and she has a bit of self confidence! At the moment I keep my other dogs under control when near her, just to make sure she knows she is safe in our house.
She still seems a little bit "lost", however that is only understandable in her situation. She seeks lots of cuddles and very close skin contact pretty often, and sleeps with us in our bed at the moment, which she just loves.

Her weight has gone up a little, although she is still very skinny. She lets me clean her face and brush her gently every day, and there's nothing I'd change about her, apart from her past of course. We absolutely adore her so, so much!

Here's a few photos of our journey together so far...

I have taken photos from the first time I saw her to show how small and scruffy she is, her first bath, after first wash, her jumper to keep her warm (boy's colour was the only one in her size, and they even forgot the alarm tag in the shop! Lucky I got it removed ok), her getting ready to sleep in our bed and the last photo is from this evening when she looked at me with proper eye contact
Attached Thumbnails
My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!)-img_1201.jpg   My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!)-img_1211-copy.jpg   My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!)-img_1216.jpg   My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!)-img_1227.jpg   My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!)-img_1228.jpg  

My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!)-img_1243.jpg  
Bow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Oh she is so very very precious. Thank you for being there for her, she'll pay you back in endless and unconditional love!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Oh, she has the prettiest little face!!!! I am melting just looking at that last picture, so I know you're toast. I think that girl has found her home.
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

Awwwww she is just the sweetest!!!!! Do you have any name ideas floating around?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bow

Dog's Name: Bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeco510 View Post
Awwwww she is just the sweetest!!!!! Do you have any name ideas floating around?

Hello yes, after many days of thinking, I decided to call her Bow - she just looks so girly and sweet, and as I've always had big, scruffy dogs I want to make the most of my little princess-dog and buy her all that cute stuff you can get to little cute dogs

Well, we are still doing fine - Bow seems to get softer all the time, and the bones don't feel that bad anymore, although she still has to put on lots of weight! It's just a shame that yesterday she was sitting next to my husband, and started eating from his plate!! I can live with this (just this once though), however the amount of chicken he let her eat was apparently too much and now Bow has a pretty bad diarrhea which annoys me as I don't want her to lose any weight, lucky it's not the worst possible, at least not yet! I also washed and dried her again yesterday, and you can imagine how her clean white hair looks now... Not nice!!

She is still mentally fairly upset at times and gets these times when she just shakes like mad, but I'm not too worried about it - does anyone else's maltese do the odd, strong shaking when excited or nervous?

The other day when I was just about to leave home she suddenly wanted to play with me! It didn't last for too long, but at least she got crazy and relaxed for a bit She is also happy to see me when I've been away, but it seems like she is still holding herself back a little and doesn't want to go too crazy.. Well, I'm sure this day comes.

Are your malteses barkers? Bow never barks, apart from when I come back home, she has started to walk around the kitchen where she waits and barks like mad, and it's very loud!

Would you call malteses a stubborn breed? Do they prefer to please the owner or themselves more? It's hard to say about Bow yet as she is in her shell, but I'm really looking forward to the day she's herself again, I love her to bits, and so does my husband who always said no to the 4th dog until she saw Bow...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Hey to you both. You have done such a wonderful thing!! These little fluffs as others have said are very loving and caring and just wan to be with you. I think the majority of us share our beds with our fluffs. I'm so glad to hear she is staying with you. I don't know if it is because she is light or not but yeah they can get cold. My daisy refuses to go out now since the weather has gotten colder!!! Just get her jumpers coats and anything that would keep her warm. As for the rest jus give her as much love as she needs and by the sounds of it she needs a lot. I jus want to say you have done a great thing by taking this fluff into your home. Wishing you both the best of luck please keep us updatedxxx
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Only seeing your las post bow looks gorgeous by the way!! Such cute face. Daisy barks when the door bell goes even the one on tv and when I come home. She will whine when I leave sometimes. She will bark if she is scared of something but that is it we don't hear her bark too often. Others are more barky I think they are like humans some talk more than others!!

As regard personality they mostly like to please they are after all the original lap dog. They hate upsetting you!! Although they are determined well daisy is at times but she doesn't like it if I ignore her when she has done something bold!! They respond so well to praise. Daisy has a little walk thing she does when she is praised as much to say look at me.

I've only had daisy since September and she is my first malt I'm sure others will come along with more advise. Enjoy having your Girly girl she looks like a Girly girl and enjoy watching her blossom. I'm sure once she knows nothing is going to change she will become more herself. It's great that she is already greeting you by barking xxx
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement