My foster/rescue, what to expect?? ((loooong text!) - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetypie View Post
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your posts, it's so nice to get all of those supportive thoughts!
Madison's mom: I hope she is ok now and all back to normal??

Just thought I'd give you an update about our little girl, who still doesn't have a name as we can't come up with anything sweet enough...

She is becoming all the time more and more brave - we even get a little bit of trusting, loving and gentle looks every now and then I was happy to see her telling my other dogs to go away when they tried to play with her, that shows there is some fire inside her and she has a bit of self confidence! At the moment I keep my other dogs under control when near her, just to make sure she knows she is safe in our house.
She still seems a little bit "lost", however that is only understandable in her situation. She seeks lots of cuddles and very close skin contact pretty often, and sleeps with us in our bed at the moment, which she just loves.

Her weight has gone up a little, although she is still very skinny. She lets me clean her face and brush her gently every day, and there's nothing I'd change about her, apart from her past of course. We absolutely adore her so, so much!

Here's a few photos of our journey together so far...

I have taken photos from the first time I saw her to show how small and scruffy she is, her first bath, after first wash, her jumper to keep her warm (boy's colour was the only one in her size, and they even forgot the alarm tag in the shop! Lucky I got it removed ok), her getting ready to sleep in our bed and the last photo is from this evening when she looked at me with proper eye contact
I somehow missed this post and responded to your post about the tear stains. Your little girl Bow is beautiful. I don't think her tear stains are bad at all. You can trim the part that hangs down the side of her mouth just a little and eventually it will grow out normal. She really is a beauty and how lucky are you both to have eachother to love. Hugs to you and Bow.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Mia

Hi,
Welcome to SM, there are some wonderful people and great advice on here to help you along the way. Mia my Maltese is 6 months now I got her from a breeder at 6 weeks who kept them kenneled in a dark shed. I found out with the finicky eating situation that sometimes Mia will only eat out of her kennel because thats the only thing she new. I put a dish in her kennel and in the kitchen and low and behold we would watch her put her head in the kennel door and nibble at her food or bring a mouth full out onto the carpet. I was desperate I did not want her blood sugar to drop and her become ill. She would also eat out of my hand for awhile. Stick to it she will learn to trust you and know that you love her and will take care of her. Post a picture for us.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Claire
Dog's Name: Ta-Jon's Blazin Hot Firecracker

Please be aware, these little Maltese will steal your heart. They are very loving dogs. Bow is adorable, it's no wonder she wormed her way deep into your heart so fast.
If the chicken she stole from your husband's plate was dark meat, that can cause diarrhea. They do best on white meat.
I'm pretty sure in a small amount of time, you will wonder how you ever did without her! It's a marvelous breed. I call them perpetual babies; they just always seem to be puppies; I love that.
I'm so glad this precious little one has found a great loving home; she deserves it. I can't imagine breeding such a small Maltese; it's a wonder she survived it.
She's just precious.
Congratulations on giving your heart to a well-deserved Maltese.....she's going to love her new life.

Malt Shoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: Isabella Anne

Ohhh she is so adorable. Your story and your photos made me cry. I will never understand how people can treat any animal that way. I am so glad she found her way into your life. We once rescued a 18 month old Chow Chow. Tellie was well fed and in good physical condition but he couldn't climb stairs, he was frightened of music, the TV. He had never been socialized with people or other animals so he was afraid and it came out as aggression. He lived with us for 10 years and became a wonderful member of the family. I won't say it was always easy but it was totally worth the effort. I found what made the difference was love. No matter what we made Tellie understand we loved him. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Isabella's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

Oh I don't know how I missed these photos! She is so adorable--those eyes. I'm in love from here. I can only imagine how in love you must be. She's a lucky baby now that she's found you. It will just take her awhile to really believe she's home for good.
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Bow is just beautiful I would have took her in a heartbeat well done you for taking her in she's just gorgeous xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

omg she is too cute!!! I remember reading in several breed books that Maltese love to please their owners (please tell this to mine who bark and soil my carpets!! ) !!

Mine bark when they hear something in the hallway (we live in an condo building) and one of mine barks whenever he sees something furry on TV! So I think it just depends on their individual personality

Welcome to SM!!!!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laurie
Dog's Name: My Triple Threat - Lily, Addie, Jackson, Luci Mae at the bridge

Congratulations and thank you for taking this wonderful angel. Sounds like you are quickly finding out how precious this breed is and how they steal your heart.
ladodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: SHELLY
Dog's Name: ABBIGAIL

OMG!!! She is the cutest thing ever. Thank you for giving this little baby a loving home. I think this is the most wonderful breed. Sometimes they are too smart for their own good, but so very rewarding. You won't reqret helping Bow. I love her name BTW.
sdubose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

I cannot stop looking at her beautiful photos. There is that wee bit of fear speaking through her eyes that has stolen my heart forever I'm afraid. I have no doubt that before long you will be seeing a huge difference in her. She is going to trust you like no other. I cannot wait to hear more about her personality that will quickly start to show itself . Bless you for rescuing!

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement