When does it all just become too much for you? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
mss
Maltese Guru

Focus on what you can actually do, not what you can not do. And "network" in other ways. Because Facebook posting of pictures can be so upsetting. And frequently not all that helpful. ...

I like to deal with local shelters and some email lists concerning them and a limited number of rescue groups that are known to be good.

I like the starfish story. And one person can not do it all, but each person can do something!
mss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Edie
Dog's Name: Happy, Mickey, Toby, Indy, Walter, Hope , Rosie and Emma

I agree with Margaret. Only way I can deal with it is to focus on our success's and one dog at a time.
Sadly the shelters in L.A are full again, but we have some great happy saves, that take some of the sting and heart ache from the one's we cant get to.
I also want to Thank everyone on this list for the continued support of all the Rescues that you all donate to. With out you, we in Rescue could not help even a small percentage of the ones we do reach.
Just please do continue to educate the public. We are making progress and the more people hear it for many different sources, they will hopefully add their voices. Hugs,Edie
plenty pets 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I agree that it is a battle that will never be won. and it is really too bad. I hate seeing all those euthanized as well. It brings pure sadness to my heart.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nickee
Dog's Name: Yogi

Hello from Pa. My Heart Is Breaking. I Have The Greatest respect for all the above posts i just read. I Have Been On The Net Looking For A Rescue But Everything Is States Away From me. i live in a Oh So Small Town/Uniontown,Pa. No Maltese Are Ever In a Shelter Here. Most Cases PitBulls In My Area. The Ones I Have Tryed To Get Were All Scams.
I Hope You Find Some Peace Today,Just Knowing How Much You Care.

My Prayers Are For Your Peace Of Mind/Buster Is At Rest!
Yogi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement