Jacklyn..Warning BAD Picture, so dont look if you are squeamish - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bronwyne
Dog's Name: Sugar, Monkey, Lambchop, Mouse, Sol, Birdie

[QUOTE=gopotsgo;2210362 The fact that it took days before the wounds were addressed is criminal. I don't know the story but incidents like these make me want to hurt the person responsible. I just want to loose it sometimes, right on the responsible person's ass. Thank you Tami for bringing this little pup to rescue. She is young and she will heal but with scars because of some idiot persons lack of action.[/QUOTE] I hear you, Gigi, how many people walked or drove by as she stumbled around in a world of darkness and excruciating pain?

You will love this... Every month I look forward to my copy of Whole Dog Journal. This month there is an article outlining the reasons why you might not want to neuter or spay your dog... that's right... an argument for more homeless companion animals. I want to take the author and force her to stand in the kill room at Lancaster shelter for one day - and then write about the benefits of unfixed dogs. The writer is a famous breeder of Ridgebacks. Perhaps she will be interested to know that big breeds require several shelter workers to hold a large, strong, healthy dog down because they fight for their life when they see the pile of still warm dead bodies in the corner of the kill room. Apparently it is not 'holistic' to surgically alter dogs... I'm furious. I just don't know what people are thinking any more, Gigi. Do they know the figures of unwanted and abused pets? Does it not matter to people that say they love dogs? How can you love dogs (or any animal) and turn a blind eye to the numbers killed every day in our shelters and on our streets? I don't get it.
smlcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)

Bron I know, just thinking about how many people passed Jacqueline by just breaks my heart into a million pieces.

And how maddening is that article!! What is wrong with people! Especially since she is a breeder herself, most breeders make people sign a contract that they will fix the dog they purchase from them. This is just craziness!!!

Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlcm View Post
I hear you, Gigi, how many people walked or drove by as she stumbled around in a world of darkness and excruciating pain?

You will love this... Every month I look forward to my copy of Whole Dog Journal. This month there is an article outlining the reasons why you might not want to neuter or spay your dog... that's right... an argument for more homeless companion animals. I want to take the author and force her to stand in the kill room at Lancaster shelter for one day - and then write about the benefits of unfixed dogs. The writer is a famous breeder of Ridgebacks. Perhaps she will be interested to know that big breeds require several shelter workers to hold a large, strong, healthy dog down because they fight for their life when they see the pile of still warm dead bodies in the corner of the kill room. Apparently it is not 'holistic' to surgically alter dogs... I'm furious. I just don't know what people are thinking any more, Gigi. Do they know the figures of unwanted and abused pets? Does it not matter to people that say they love dogs? How can you love dogs (or any animal) and turn a blind eye to the numbers killed every day in our shelters and on our streets? I don't get it.
Bron - recently there was an article copied here in SM that talked about not neutering. It made me just as sick too knowing how many dogs will face a horrible death and wondering how anyone can advocate for not neutering or spaying. It's one of my hot button issues.
I cried through the whole doctor's report when I just read it here. I donated a couple of days ago to AMAR for this little girl. Bless you all at AMAR and the vet's office for helping take the pain away from her and giving her a chance at life.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cookie
Dog's Name: Yukki and Genki

Any updates on this precious one today?? If there is a way, I would take her home with me!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bronwyne
Dog's Name: Sugar, Monkey, Lambchop, Mouse, Sol, Birdie

She is stable after her surgery and tail is wagging. She will be going to see the ophthalmologist next week to see about the eye with the detached retina.
smlcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lindsay
Dog's Name: Opey (Maltese) & Loco (Basset Hound)

I'm glad to hear it!! As always Bron, thank you for keeping us updated. I hope for the very best and speedy recovery for this sweet girl!!

Follow the Barking Corner blog:
www.barkingcorner.com

Or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/BarkingCorner

Last edited by lmillette; 02-10-2013 at 08:54 PM.
lmillette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Roxie and Ruby
Send a message via Yahoo to cuevasfam

OMG my heart is breaking and at the same time I am filled with so much anger.... I will be going on her website to donate. I pray for this sweet little innocent soul. God Bless to everyone involved in her healing!!!!!!!!!

cuevasfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cookie
Dog's Name: Yukki and Genki

Thank you to all who have helped this precious little one. She is in good hands now because of your efforts and involvement. Thank you, thank you, thank you. God Bless you all!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Edie
Dog's Name: Happy, Mickey, Toby, Indy, Walter, Hope , Rosie and Emma

I am hoping we have a video of her to share very soon. She is apparently eating and playing and very happy. I cant wait to see this myself. Will send it as soon as we get it from her foster Mom. Hugs,Edie
plenty pets 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

So glad she's doing well. Poor sweetie.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement