Anyone heard of Rojo's Royalty Maltese / Joann Branton? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone heard of Rojo's Royalty Maltese / Joann Branton?

Hi all,

I've been searching for months for my FIRST EVER Maltese (yay!), and I've driven numerous breeders absolutely crazy with a lot of questions regarding available puppies' temperaments, personality, etc.

Has anyone ever heard of/purchased a Maltese from Rojo's Royalty Maltese in Oklahoma? (Roland and JoAnn Branton).

Here is the website: Maltese Puppies for Sale OK Maltese Pups for Sale OK

Or, if not, could anyone possibly take a look at her site and her available puppies?

A lot of them are AKC registered, but two at the bottom are ACA registered. However, I thought they both looked adorable and definitely Maltese. I fell in love with their adorable huge eyes, but at the same time, I want to make sure they're from a reputable breeder and 100% Maltese, etc.

A super friendly personality and LOVING personality is what I'm looking for...and one that will love on my daughter and sit on laps. So being "show quality" isn't important to me. But I do know the personality of a Maltese is what I'm looking for, so being well bred is important.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any info about this breeder before I contact them.

Thanks!
mich9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deb
Dog's Name: Gracie (Brookside Maltese) and Ella (MaltAngel Maltese)

Oh my! I see SEVERAL red flags. First of all, no reputable breeder would sell their puppies to someone they had not talked to. On this site, you can hit a "Buy Now" button. These people are also letting these babies go at 8-9 weeks. Reputable breeders will not place a Maltese baby until 12 weeks of age.

I am so happy you found this forum. There is tons of information here. Take time to research and learn and you will find a truly reputable breeder. It's worth it.

educ8m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lynda
Dog's Name: Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie

Quote:
Originally Posted by educ8m View Post
Oh my! I see SEVERAL red flags. First of all, no reputable breeder would sell their puppies to someone they had not talked to. On this site, you can hit a "Buy Now" button. These people are also letting these babies go at 8-9 weeks. Reputable breeders will not place a Maltese baby until 12 weeks of age.

I am so happy you found this forum. There is tons of information here. Take time to research and learn and you will find a truly reputable breeder. It's worth it.

Deb is absolutely right, I would not be purchasing a puppy from them.

Chloe, GiGi, Chachi & Katie
lynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

I agree with the others. I would not buy a puppy from that place. FYI, Oklahoma is one of the largest puppymill states you have to be especially careful.

If you look at the top of the Breeder's Section, you will find quite a few "stickies" about how to find a reputable breeder.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Listen to the experts on this site. There are several threads & stickies about the proper way to obtain a Maltese. My advice would be do your homework!
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by educ8m View Post

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

This is at best a BYB operation. At worst a puppymill. Try the AMA web site to start with. There are also a number of threads on this site about choosing a breeder. Good luck!

Please Donate to GME Research
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny
Thumbs up

Hi and welcome!
You should really consider yourself extremely lucky that you found the people here on Spoiled Maltese to guide you before you made your final decision.

It's entirely possible you have saved yourself heartache, thousands of dollars for health issues, and the confusion that comes with a puppy that did not receive the proper socialization. IMO this is a BYB. These types of so-called breeders fool you into thinking they are reputable, and have the best interest of these precious babies in mind. But in reality all they care about is using their poor little bodies for making money.

There is no guarantee that any puppy will not have health issues. But there is the guarantee you have done all you can to avoid them, and support the safety and betterment of this beautiful breed.

Be patient and good luck to you,
Kandis & my precious Sammie (2 yrs old) & (Brother Kirby 7 mo RIP)

Last edited by SammieMom; 04-23-2012 at 02:15 PM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Heart Royalty Maltese - roland and Joann Branton

Hi, I don't post often to this site so bear with me. I bought a Maltese baby girl from Royalty Maltese in 2007, and my little girl is the love of my life. Reading everyone's concerns, yes, it did/does concern me that they will sell a puppy to someone without meeting them personally. That is my biggest fear - that someone running a fighting dog ring looking for bait or an animal abuser would be able to convince the breeders they're a "good owner" and buy a puppy from them for evil purposes. My thought is that the Brantons just trust people after interviewing them on the phone and sense that they give a good home to the puppies. I must have spoken to them on the phone 10+ times, plus sent numerous emails with all of my questions regarding the Maltese breed and the process. They were very kind and patient. They both are teachers that live on a farm in OK and breed maltese and mini-schnauzers. I did think it was strange when they said my puppy was an only child in her litter - does that happen sometimes? Usually when there is a litter on their site (they seem to produce 1-2 litters per year) it shows that they have about 3 puppies each They were very knowledgeable about the Maltese breed and her personality. Of course I was a nervous wreck the entire time my puppy was flying from OK to me in NYC, but she arrived safe and sound with a baby blanket, a dish with water in it, a pretty collar and some ribbon tied around the carrier. My dog was everything the Brantons described personality-wise and more. Although she isn't technically "breed standard" because her hair is a bit kinky (this doesn't matter to me), she is the love of my life. She has such a cute personality, is happy, healthy, loving and just a joy to everyone she meets. At 5 years old she still looks and behaves like a puppy at times (though better trained now!) Even after I had received my dog from the Brantons, they had followed up a few times and whenever I had questions I was able to call them.

This was my personal experience, though I do wish I was able to go to the Branton's farm and meet them and the pups personally. It just wasn't possible for me. Every thing they're doing seems to be legitimate with lots of love and care. I would be heartbroken if otherwise. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to message me through this website. Thanks, and have a good weekend everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich9 View Post
Hi all,

I've been searching for months for my FIRST EVER Maltese (yay!), and I've driven numerous breeders absolutely crazy with a lot of questions regarding available puppies' temperaments, personality, etc.

Has anyone ever heard of/purchased a Maltese from Rojo's Royalty Maltese in Oklahoma? (Roland and JoAnn Branton).

Or, if not, could anyone possibly take a look at her site and her available puppies?

A lot of them are AKC registered, but two at the bottom are ACA registered. However, I thought they both looked adorable and definitely Maltese. I fell in love with their adorable huge eyes, but at the same time, I want to make sure they're from a reputable breeder and 100% Maltese, etc.

A super friendly personality and LOVING personality is what I'm looking for...and one that will love on my daughter and sit on laps. So being "show quality" isn't important to me. But I do know the personality of a Maltese is what I'm looking for, so being well bred is important.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any info about this breeder before I contact them.

Thanks!
Attached Images

MelodiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Smile Verification of licensed breeder in good standing.

I have also found they are listed with the Oklahoma State government as a licensed breeder in good standing:

Oklahoma State Board of Commercial Pet Breeders - Pet Breeders
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich9 View Post
Hi all,

Thanks!
MelodiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement