Looking for a Florida reputable breeder - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a Florida reputable breeder

I live in Orlando, Florida but travel a lot to South Florida and to Tampa. I am researching breeders in Florida since it's been awhile for me buying a Maltese baby. I went to a "boutique" but was so worried about where those little babies came from! They couldn't answer any questions about the parents of the cute little ones! I knew I was in the wrong place!

I had a little girl for 16 yrs that passed away 2 yrs ago this Christmas! Her name was Winter. I want another little girl (not to exceed 5 lbs and not a long nose) but want to go to the breeder where I can see the parents or at least get info about them. I get worried about these Korean Maltese I hear about.

I'm on the fence whether or not to get one right now as I have a 12 1/2 yr old Boxer that I want to enjoy the rest of his Golden Years, but he absolutely loved my baby! They went everywhere together (Mutt and Jeff everyone used to say to me)! I just know I definitely want another Maltese!

I've been on the AMA breeder listing but none of them have websites, but I guess I can just call or email them. But, if anyone knows any info that can help me, I'd GREATLY appreciate it!
d2dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper&Dusty; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

I have a retired Champion from TNT Maltese in New Smyrna Beach FL. I can't say enough wonderful things about Theresa. I am in constant contact with her sharing stories, videos and pictures.

And my Dusty (CH TNT's American Dream) is an absolute clown and a true joy. Several of us on here have TNTs. I hope they will chime in too.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cathy
Dog's Name: Edgar, Emmet, Mercedes and Whitney

My girls are from TNT maltese. TNT will be in Orlando next weekend for Eukanuba, Theresa will be in the meet the breeds booth. Eukanuba would be a great place for you to meet maltese breeders. My Mercedes is Dusty's daughter. I will be at Eukanuba if you decide to go pm me and I will give you my cell number.

Mercedes and Whitney
elly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

I have 2 retired girls from TNT, Kelly and Reese. Dusty is Kelly's grandfather and Reese (formerly Trish) and Dusty had a litter of puppies together, Reese is Whitney's grandmother and Mercedes is Kelly's aunt. We're one big happy family.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Love these responses

Thank you guys! You have been so helpful! I hope to get to meet some of you (& your fur babies) soon.

Where is the Eukanuba meet going to be held and what date(s)? I'm in Ft Lauderdale now til Sunday if you mean this weekend. I can go the weekend of the 15th.

TNT definitely has some very pretty babies out there!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kandis
Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny Maltese

Eukanuba is w/end of 1215 & 16. I have never been, but hoping to get over there too. I have a girl from TNT Maltese as well. She was 6 months old when I got her from Theresa. She is related to Whitney. I forget who else...that's Laura's dept...LOL...
You can see more of her photos in my albums.

SammieMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammieMom View Post
Eukanuba is w/end of 1215 & 16. I have never been, but hoping to get over there too. I have a girl from TNT Maltese as well. She was 6 months old when I got her from Theresa. She is related to Whitney. I forget who else...that's Laura's dept...LOL...
You can see more of her photos in my albums.

She's Reese's granddaughter.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marj
Dog's Name: Bailey and Lady at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2dancer View Post

I'm on the fence whether or not to get one right now as I have a 12 1/2 yr old Boxer that I want to enjoy the rest of his Golden Years, but he absolutely loved my baby! They went everywhere together (Mutt and Jeff everyone used to say to me)! I just know I definitely want another Maltese!
I would really urge you to wait and let your Boxer enjoy his Golden Years. He may have loved your other Maltese, but puppies are very stressful to an older dog. They bite ears, pounce and do not respect an old guy taking a nap. My Siamese cat basically hid away for the first year I had Bailey.

Treasure the time you have left with him, then when you are ready, TNT is a great choice.
Ladysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

I'm going to agree with Marj on waiting. But you know your dog best. TNT is a great choice when you ate ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

That's been my thoughts as well with waiting. I remember when I brought my Boxer home for the 1st time ... my Maltese at the time was about 6, she would grab him by his jowls and he would just shake her off with no problems. She could do basically anything to him and he would never harm her in anyway. But having a new puppy with him now, I think would be just so stressful to him! But at the moment I have plenty of time to do some research to find the right breeder for me. The only breeder anybody has spoken about is TNT. . That in itself speaks volumes!

I am really glad to hear that I can go to that event and meet up with maybe some of you guys that will be at the Orlando convention center on Dec. 15 &/or 16. I will private message you guys to see who is going on what day and time unless you don't mind posting it here on the feed. I want to find out from Theresa what days she will be there as I would love my daughter to be able to join me on that Sunday if she's there. My daughter is also interested in a Maltese puppy!

Dee Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement