edit - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nora
Dog's Name: Cici
Send a message via Yahoo to BellaNotte
Default edit

I think the forum really needs a delete post or at least an "edit" option for posts (or at least just for threads). I'm sure many would benefit from this. Sometimes I forget to add something to my original post/thread, or take something off. And i've seen it on other threads too, where someone has to make another post under their first to clarify a mispelling or something. If the reason the forum doesn't have one is because of the possible confusions it could have & people wouldn't know when the person added or took something off, well i've seen some forums that when someone edits a post, after they submit it, whatever they added turns out red and automatically specifies the post has been edited.
It's just a suggestion . It would also be really helpfull in the sell/trade category, because after things are sold the person can simply edit the thread and take off what was sold already. IDK, just my opinion, it would be neat

Old 10-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

I have edited posts in the past here. Not sure exactly what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

Nora, you can edit your post for a few minutes so you can catch errors and such. After that, making changes might change the context for replies, so edits need to be done through one of the moderators.

Just click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left corner of your post and tell us what it is you want to change. This goes to me, Erin, Kat, and Lynn as well as Yung our Admin and one of us will make the edit for you.

Maggie
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I agree, Nora! It would be much easier if we each had control over our own posts. But yes, the moderators can remove anything if you message them.
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

I remember there being an issue with this in the past so the time we can edit our post was greatly decreased.

Milo's Instagram
Orla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

I find it quite irritating that we can't edit our own posts past a few minute period. Many forums allow you to edit your own thread title and post indefinitely. I know I sometimes start a thread and don't realize for hours or sometimes more than a day that I made an error in either the title or in the body of the post itself.

There are so many rules on SM now it's rediculous. Having mods to babysit everyone and deal with post edits just doesn't make sense, especially when threads get closed or deleted altogether. We're adults. And, if someone posts something and later wants to remove it, they should have the freedom to do so without having to contact a mod or admin.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggieh View Post
Nora, you can edit your post for a few minutes so you can catch errors and such. After that, making changes might change the context for replies, so edits need to be done through one of the moderators.

Just click the "Report Post" icon in the lower left corner of your post and tell us what it is you want to change. This goes to me, Erin, Kat, and Lynn as well as Yung our Admin and one of us will make the edit for you.

Maggie
Yea I noticed that I can edit it within a short time frame, but I usually don't have the need to edit until after the time is over.
And thank you I didn't know about the "report post" thing.
I still think it would be nice for members to edit on their own though. You're still doing a great job as moderators, don't get me wrong, this forum is great .
Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Off topic question, I just noticed the "rate thread" option, what does that do? I mean, I know it's rating a thread, but does it show up somewhere?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Yoshie (at the bridge), Buckley (Chi)

It would be great to be able to edit/delete. I posted a video of Yoshie and the link said the video was private/locked so the only way i could let anyone know the link was fixed was another message and some don't read like that. They read the first post and if it doesn't work they don't bother

Mary
luvmybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaNotte View Post
Off topic question, I just noticed the "rate thread" option, what does that do? I mean, I know it's rating a thread, but does it show up somewhere?
You can give a star rating to a post. I have done so with posts that seem to be more important that their title implies, or when they have become very informative. The stars show up on the topics board to the left, but not the far left. There aren't any in active topics at the time, but if there were they would be next to that paper clip icon for an attachment.
Advertisement