people make me so mad.. - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Laura, there's one in my album. Check it out!!!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

My husband teases me but admitted last night he was only kidding. He is all for the jersey and one of the sweaters Rocky has matches one of his he likes it when they wear them together. Daddy and his little boy!
shellbeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

We've always had Chesapeake Bay Retreivers with water-proof, dense, double coats; you know, a manley-man type dog that doesn't think twice about jumping into icey water during hunting season (and just because the water IS THERE!). I never thought much about why someone would dress up their little dogs, but I thought some of the holiday outfits were very clever. Then I got a Maltese 6 months ago and right away I knew I would have to find him a good coat for our Wyoming winters. I didn't know there was such a thing as dogs without an under coat! I got educated when I got my fluff. I got him a very manley insulated, water-proof coat and he looks good strutt'in his stuff with the Chessies. Not in the water though.
mortisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

I want to get her some cute sun visors and definitely a sweater for cooler weather. Does anyone know where to find cute sun visors without the chin strap. I just want the ones that the ears go through. Thanks
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwyant1946 View Post
I want to get her some cute sun visors and definitely a sweater for cooler weather. Does anyone know where to find cute sun visors without the chin strap. I just want the ones that the ears go through. Thanks
I've been looking on line for you, but they all have straps. Maybe you could make alterations and cut off the straps. The ones that I see, the ears go through, so just buy an inexpensive one and alterate it, and if that works buy a better one, and do the same.

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

I hear ya!i get flipping comments like that and I put them in their place!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: Isabella Anne

Isabella will only wear one coat. She got quite a few items for Christmas but they are too large and cumbersome right now. When you only have a single coat, it is cold outside in the winter. Even with a coat, she is shivering in less than 10 minutes. I can't wait to put pretty little bows in her hair. I had one Schnauzer that loved clothing and another that went bonkers if you tried to dress him. I figure the animal will let you know what they want. Isabella sure does.
Isabella's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gail
Dog's Name: Lucy

I don't put clothes on Lucy very often. But in the winter I put sweaters on her, and on holidays I dress her up--this year she had the cutest kind of jester-type collar for Christmas. I live in Nevada so I have t-shirts for her in the summer if her hair is cut short. Frankly, here almost everybody puts coats on their dogs in the summer. I guess if we are extra sensitive to the cold, we figure our dogs are too. People are being judgmental. They're probably thinking of the Paris Hilton type people that use dogs as accessories. They don't realize that you can have a little dog, dress it up, and still know that it's a dog and treat it like a dog. These just happen to be EXTRA adorable dogs--it's not THEIR fault they're so cute...
LoveLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci

I hate to say this bc I don't want to offend anyone who dislikes their fluffs in clothes, but this is meant more toward the people who laugh at us for putting them in clothes.
To me, it seems that people who are so against it are people who don't care about what THEY look like. That seems to be the pattern. Yes, my Maltese is my baby and YES I am gonna dress her like my baby and spoil her rotten and baby talk to her and kiss her like crazy and if you don't like it, well, tough crap!!! In the end, I feel sorry for YOUR baby because they aren't getting the royal treatment they deserve!

Well, now that I have vented I can go back to being a nice girl again!!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

I say haters gonna hate!! People with non-frou frou dogs just don't understand... and they never will!! Plus, you can definitely justify dressing up your fluffs in harsh winters... but yeah, if someone said that to me, I would let them have it too!!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement