Flying with a Maltese - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Name: Janice
Dog's Name: Gigi

Originally Posted by Amra View Post
I am planing a trip to Europe, and I was wondering if anyone knows any details about having your Maltese on board of an airplane with you? I do not want him in the cargo, so im doing as much research on how I can bring him along with me. Any information will be very much appreciated!
I fly with Gigi all the time but never overseas. I will tell you that she's smart enough to know how to unzip the bag from the inside!!!

She surprises me all the time with her head poking out from under the airplane seat. I keep lots of treats for her to keep her busy. You can't have that many treats for a long overseas flight so just keep an eye on your baby. They should allow your dog under the seat. Please let me know the process once you have experienced it? I want to know for future trips.
Janice & Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

I fly regularly with Teddy. No trouble at all but I don't leave the country. I'd double check rules about bringing an animal into another country.
thatgirlfromiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

I think the main thing is to be sure your pet is ok in the travel bag. If it travels in your car in this bag, and is happy, you will probably be ok. I travelled cross country ( 5 hrs) and 3 hrs from canada to florida for 10 years without sedation or any problems until the very last year of gracie's life. At almost 16 she barked alot - i don't think she knew where she was. Senility had set in. Thank God for wonderful seatmates - a beauty queen from campbellton new brunswick who had been bumped from first class to end up beside me and my barking dog. God!! What a lovely lady she was. Anyway, other than that, it was about 12 years of happy trails happy tails. Again, get the dog happy in the bag in the car and it will be smooth sailng. If the dog isn't happy in the bag in the car, forget it! Also, in canada air canada has waay more room than westjet under the seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Flying with a Maltese-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Amazing Grace; 10-07-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Amazing Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

This is an old thread/posting.
There is a sticky about flying w/animals here on SM for anyone interested in that info.
Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.), - St. Bernard
"Life without a maltese is like summer without ice-cream." - St. Edelweiss

"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

I'm not sure if Sandi already might have probably covered this topic in her very thorough & informative post or not. I began to read Sandi's post but couldn't finish it tonight because I have to get up early in a few hours & I have already been on SM for a while tonight. I plan to finish reading it tomorrow. But anyway --I did some research about a year ago reading up on all of the regulations of different airlines and several of the carriers say that there are a limited amount of dogs allowed in the passenger part of the plane on every flight. They even say that although you might have made a reservation for your dog that your dog could be declined at the gate if they decide not to let him on at the last minute.
LOVE_BABY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kim
Dog's Name: Tyler
Send a message via Yahoo to kd1212

I traveled to France with my first dog in cabin with no issue. I made sure to call Air France for their rules. They were great on Air France-they didn't make me keep him in his bag.
kd1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links