Where did you get your baby?? - Page 6 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

I got Giovanni from a breeder in FL - Petite Maltese. The breeder is very involved with the American Maltese Association, so I felt very comfortable. I got Gio at 12 weeks and he is 4.6 lbs. at 10 1/2 months old. I used to show Bichons, so had some good contacts to direct me to a good breeder. Gio moves like the wind and has the silkiest hair. He had an undescended testicle and ended up with an underbite. That's why I got him!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Zooey's from a shelter.

Negative issues she has: luxating patellas (grade 1.5 on one leg and 2 on the other), kink in tail (may have been broken), left front leg isn't straight (also may have been broken in previous home), weight is a little over standard (just over 7 lbs.), and a vicious temperament toward children, motorcycles, bikes, buses, and people she doesn't like.

On the plus side, she has a strong stomach, a healthy heart, a perfect bite with relatively good teeth (none have had to be extracted), and a good coat (silky, not prone to matting). And she's adorable and smart and loves her mommy!
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Milo's from a show breeder - he's everything I ever wanted in a dog

Milo's Instagram
Orla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

I know I've told this story before but I just plain lucked out when I was looking for my first maltese 6 years ago, it surely was not because I did my homework. At first I wanted a malti-poo and checked classified ads/pet stores/online/etc but then decided I wanted a purebred so again, hit the classifieds, pet stores, etc. LUCKILY there was nothing available and I was forced to look else where and stumbled on the AMA list. Called a show breeder close by and a few hours later, was driving home with my first maltese puppy, Lucy who was 4 mos old. At the time, i couldn't believe I had spent so much for 'just a pet' but after joining SM, realized how lucky I really had gotten. Having Lucy sparked a major maltese obsession and it didn't take long before I decided I wanted to start showing - so I did

Even though Lucy is still 'just a pet' (spayed with limited akc registration) she has been in the show ring more than most show dogs. She turned into the most awesome Junior showmanship dog for my daughter Marina (who also got struck by the maltese show obsession)

By buying from a show breeder, we got a show quality pet with a very solid temperament

A lady who works at my daughter's elementry school breeds maltese and she was always complaining that her maltese don't look like mine because they are 10 lbs with curly coats and long muzzles. It's all I can do to keep from asking THEN WHY ARE YOU BREEDING THEM???

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart Mia

I helped my neighbor find her online for herself, but after only 2 months she realized her health wouldn't allow her to properly take care of her. She asked me if I would take her and after talking it over with my husband we agreed that we would take her. I gave her the option if she changed her mind to let me know, but its only been a week and we are soooo in love with her that it would break my heart if she took her back now. She assured me it wouldn't happen, that she had been considering asking me for almost two weeks before she actually did.

Now Mia gets me out walking two or three times a day and its wonderful. She's slowly making friends with our three declawed, indoor cats and we should be one big happy family.

Mia will also become a trucker dog when I travel with my husband on the semi twice a year.
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #56 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kandace
Dog's Name: Halo

Well after reading all of this then I got Halo from a BYB. His parents are registered and they were owned by the people that I purchased him from. They were a nice family that took care about their animals. Halo is larger than both of his parents...12.5lbs (chicken yummy). My friend owns his sister and she is 4lbs. I have no issues with Halo and in all honesty he has been one of the easiest doggies I have been around. He trained himself to go potty outside. I love my baby.

HalosMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement