do your fluffs sleep just about anywhere? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jerry
Dog's Name: Louie
Default do your fluffs sleep just about anywhere?

I'm just curious because I've noticed that Louie started with a few set places he would sleep, on my bed when I'm in it, his cage which I never close the door or the floor near my feet. but as he has come to claim this as his home he has now found every comfortable inch of space he can sleep and I find him sleeping just about anywhere in the house. he isn't as clingy as he first was where he had to be right by me 100% of the time, now I think he feels safe to wander off into any room and take a nap. its funniest when I find him curled up with my cat Miss Boo because as far as she is concerned this is her house and I just happen to live here and I'm useful for petting and finding food and water.

At the Bridge...
Smokey my Shepard/Husky mix
Brutus and Trooper, Doberman's
Tera, Great Dane
Ralph, Mixed assortment of furry beasts
Gremlin, Husky
Peanut, Dachshund
Slick and Mr. Foo, cat brothers
Chubby my big fat gray cat with tighty whitey's
Skinny butt, mixed breed female cat
rag-a-muffin, wild haired mixed breed cat
Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shirley Ng
Dog's Name: Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
I'm just curious because I've noticed that Louie started with a few set places he would sleep, on my bed when I'm in it, his cage which I never close the door or the floor near my feet. but as he has come to claim this as his home he has now found every comfortable inch of space he can sleep and I find him sleeping just about anywhere in the house. he isn't as clingy as he first was where he had to be right by me 100% of the time, now I think he feels safe to wander off into any room and take a nap. its funniest when I find him curled up with my cat Miss Boo because as far as she is concerned this is her house and I just happen to live here and I'm useful for petting and finding food and water.

OMG Boo does the same thing too. Mine isn't that clingy anymore too. He used to sleep in his crate every night, now he sleeps in my room still but beside the door even though i have a bed for him . During the day he would sleep on the stairs too, front door mat, living room rug, just anywhere and everywhere!!
jenna123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katie
Dog's Name: Charlie

Too funny about Miss Boo accepting Louie....
Charlie's still clingy. He sleeps on his favorite spots, but only with us in the room. If I stand in the kitchen, he will beg me to take him up in my arms....he's more like the human baby...always wants to be with us.
I think we overdid it with that spoiling....

Jerry, please post the picture of your fur babies cuddling together.

Charlie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

My two sleep on the bed... and when it's cooler out (like now) they sleep literally right next to me. I usually am elbowing Gussy's butt at 2am trying to get more space. I find it amazing that one small dog and one tiny dog take up 2/3 of the bed!

When it's time for bed I have to beat them to the bed or else I get left with the sliver of an edge to sleep on while they are all curled up in the middle. I find it hilarious that they can crash into a deep sleep within seconds and ignore my commands, pokes, and prods to try and move them over... When I scootch Grace over it's like she has a bungee cord on her, because as quick as I move her over and go to sit down she has thrown herself back into that spot, and is again instantly fast asleep. Sometimes I have to scoot her over 3 times before I'm fast enough with sitting down!

And lately they have been acting like siblings seeing who can sleep closer to my head! One of these nights they may actually smother me!

We have a whole queen sized bed and the three of us end up squished on 1/3 of it....with me on the edge, of course

And they steal the blankets, too

I tried making them sleep in the xpen in their own beds, but spent the whole night worrying and feeling guilty for making them sleep on the floor. So after a few nights of that, I just gave up.... My dogs aren't at all spoiled

But outside of night time sleep... Gus has spots in the house he sleeps in - under a specific chair in the dining room (only that one).... on the couch in the formal living room... and curled up on Gracie's ridiculously tiny cat bed.....

Grace sleeps wherever I am

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme

Last edited by Grace'sMom; 11-08-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
My two sleep on the bed... and when it's cooler out (like now) they sleep literally right next to me. I usually am elbowing Gussy's butt at 2am trying to get more space. I find it amazing that one small dog and one tiny dog take up 2/3 of the bed!

When it's time for bed I have to beat them to the bed or else I get left with the sliver of an edge to sleep on while they are all curled up in the middle. I find it hilarious that they can crash into a deep sleep within seconds and ignore my commands, pokes, and prods to try and move them over... When I scootch Grace over it's like she has a bungee cord on her, because as quick as I move her over and go to sit down she has thrown herself back into that spot, and is again instantly fast asleep. Sometimes I have to scoot her over 3 times before I'm fast enough with sitting down!

And lately they have been acting like siblings seeing who can sleep closer to my head! One of these nights they may actually smother me!

We have a whole queen sized bed and the three of us end up squished on 1/3 of it....with me on the edge, of course

I tried making them sleep in the xpen in their own beds, but spent the whole night worrying and feeling guilty for making them sleep on the floor. So after a few nights of that, I just gave up.... My dogs aren't at all spoiled

But outside of night time sleep... Gus has spots in the house he sleeps in - under a specific chair in the dining room (only that one).... on the couch in the formal living room... and curled up on Gracie's ridiculously tiny cat bed.....

LOL Tori, your post made me laugh so hard. It reminds me our household.
We used to have a queen sized bed, but after this move I said I wanted a king....Michael and mainly Charlie kept pushing me over the ridge....

Well guess what- I'm still beng squished by my boys. Charlie has on half of the bed and he still leans to my face durig the night and Michael and his belly take the other half ....

Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

LOL

It seems the more space we try to offer, the closer they get! Maybe I need to get a smaller bed

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
LOL

It seems the more space we try to offer, the closer they get! Maybe I need to get a smaller bed
LOL
I forgot to add, that I have the neck spine problems - it's really serious, so I invested in this ergonomic pillow for side sleepers...guess what - the very first night we brought him home Charlie took over the pillow. I guess it's really comfy...even for a doggie, lol.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

Daisy will sleep anywhere as long as I'm in te room usually at my feet or at the top f my head. She likes her space!! Doesn't like being on my lap or that as long as she can snuggle along the side of my leg or feet she doesn't mind. I also find for a small dog she takes up all the room in the couch or bed I end up squeezed up into the tiniest corner possible!!
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jerry
Dog's Name: Louie

Louie does spend most of his time somewhere near me but I have noticed that once he feels comfortable that I'm in for the night he tends to sleep just about anywhere. The bed isn't really a problem anymore. At first he slept by my feet and as soon as my girlfriend got up he took over her pillow. But now he sleep by her feet and pretty much just stays there until I wake up. I think the days he is really tired out from playing are the days he goes off by himself to sleep.

At the Bridge...
Smokey my Shepard/Husky mix
Brutus and Trooper, Doberman's
Tera, Great Dane
Ralph, Mixed assortment of furry beasts
Gremlin, Husky
Peanut, Dachshund
Slick and Mr. Foo, cat brothers
Chubby my big fat gray cat with tighty whitey's
Skinny butt, mixed breed female cat
rag-a-muffin, wild haired mixed breed cat
Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mane
Dog's Name: Sasha (7/14/99) & Lola Pink (9/20/10)

Quote:

This made me laugh so hard! The same thing happens in my house. I get about a 1/4, the dogs get about 3/4 and my poor BF is on the edge every night! Lola managed to sleep on top of my head yesterday. It's getting cold so they want to sleep really close.

During the day Sasha likes to sleep in her cat bed and snuggle into her blankets. Lola Pink's daily mission is to bring everything down from my bed pillow, blanket and her most favorite thing is my BF's sweater and pj pants. She will go at it for hours to bring down stuff from the bed. We have to move everything to the middle of the bed and she somehow still manages to always bring something down. She is a very determined little doggie and I'm sure Sasha acts innocent infront of us but she probably helps her sister out! lol

S&LP'S Mommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement