If you could, how many maltese would you have? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gabby
Dog's Name: Sagirah, Brito, Brisa and Khadijah. All malteses

I have 4 and Im good with that number. The only problem is money, 4 malteses are expensive and plus I have one with health issues; Im expending a lot of money in her. Im not complaining, I love her with all my heart, but I wasnt prepared for this kind of expense.

Considering the money issue, 4 is my limit. Now if I win the lottery I would run a shelter, not just for malteses. With that money I could quit my job and be there just to help dogs the entire day, dogs needs time and money, not just love; now Im practically working to cover the vet bills of my baby. I dont regret having her , but honestly I wasnt prepared to assume financially her disease; in my opinion thats something to consider before adding a fluff in a family.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

I would go back to one dog. A boy.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

Gabby trust me I hear you about the medical expense. I have Babinka who was born with a very bad heart. She was only to live to 6 months and now she is three. Yes my miracle dog, but now on lots of meds. I have never been in this situation ever before. I am glad that I got her cousin and sister with us. But yes the medical expense. I just dropped 152.00 today for meds....... if vets were more lenient with their cost would be nice.
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie & Lisa "Left Eye"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
2 Maltese. 2 Yorkies.... My hubby says ENOUGH!! So I guess this is it.
Part of me really wants a Yorkie... or better yet, a Morkie..! but pretty sure the bf will say NO!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gabby
Dog's Name: Sagirah, Brito, Brisa and Khadijah. All malteses

Yes, I agree.
Im not taking lightly the vets pofession, but sometimes the charges they make are out of this world. I dont understand why dogs labs or ultrasounds or whatever are way expensive comparing with humans tests, its the same for God's sake!! I spend over 150usd every other week, just on vet bills, not counting food or everything else for the other 3 malts. Plus Im paying my credit card with charges of Brisa's biopsy surgery. And today she had yet another problem in her leg so tomorrow we're going to the vet again for xrays... And still she needs a surgery on her leg... Soo, money runs out of my pocket very fast. NOT complaining, but I never thought something like this could happen. I will do whatever it takes for her to be healthy, even if I have to sell a kidney, but Im telling you, my money issues have one reason: and Gosh I love her more than anything in this world, hehehe. And there she is sleeping so comfy and looking so sweet that I think all my sacrifices are worth it <3

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

I know the amounts vets charge! I am sorry but its ridiculous. I live out here in Canada, and the majority of health coverages are covered by our ohip....but still the taxes that are levied on us are nuts, if they could do the same for animals it would be great!!!! but they should have it where there is some reasoning or regulated amounts that vets can charge for certain expenditures. I mean c'mon how many of us here in the entire world have animals. Plus some vets play on the persons emtions....oh you love your dog dont you $$$$$$$$ anyways I am the same as you, I would sell my kidney as well. Babinka , Peppino and Tiny Tina say hello and wish Sagirah all the best. And Babinka say's to her ; bite the vet ; bite the vet!! LOL Babinka does this to our vet, and we just laugh!!! All the best to you friend!
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
vjw
Maltese Guru

I would love to have another small dog for a companion for Karli. She tries really hard to play with kitty, but she just ignores her.

Maybe it's the area where I live, but vet. bills aren't too bad considering their training. If you think about it, they have to be trained in surgery, dentistry, pharmacy, etc.

We're maxed out right now because of the number of pets we have - a cat, two dogs, three hor$e$, and four cows.

Last edited by vjw; 11-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.
vjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

I would have 2, but I would foster MANY .

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cookie
Dog's Name: Yukki and Genki

I have two now but always told my daughter that I will have a houseful of them when she moves out. However, because the two I have now take up so much of my time AND need so much attention, I am thinking that I would have 3 tops, but only if I am not working (unless working from home). They are like potato chips!!!!!!! Can't have just one! lol
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

I would have as many as I could. My husband feels the same way I do. We now live in a Condo that barely allows us to have one. But we know once we don't live here anymore we will have a few.
Zoe's Mom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement