If you could, how many maltese would you have? - Page 4 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katie
Dog's Name: Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Yes, I agree.
Im not taking lightly the vets pofession, but sometimes the charges they make are out of this world. I dont understand why dogs labs or ultrasounds or whatever are way expensive comparing with humans tests, its the same for God's sake!! I spend over 150usd every other week, just on vet bills, not counting food or everything else for the other 3 malts. Plus Im paying my credit card with charges of Brisa's biopsy surgery. And today she had yet another problem in her leg so tomorrow we're going to the vet again for xrays... And still she needs a surgery on her leg... Soo, money runs out of my pocket very fast. NOT complaining, but I never thought something like this could happen. I will do whatever it takes for her to be healthy, even if I have to sell a kidney, but Im telling you, my money issues have one reason: and Gosh I love her more than anything in this world, hehehe. And there she is sleeping so comfy and looking so sweet that I think all my sacrifices are worth it <3

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
OMG, your Brisa is such an adorable little girl. I love the picture of her sleeping on the pillow.
Sorry to hear about her not being well. I think other said it all - healthcare is very expensive. One can get into serious financial trouble in a case of a serious illness.
Prayers for your little girl.

Hugs,
Katie & Charlie.

Charlie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy

Myself and my other half have toyed with the idea of getting another maltese for a while now but am not going to get one, firstly is the cost i dont want to be in a financial struggle esp in the future when we decide to start our family. Food, vets bills, grooming, clothes....christmas pressies is expensive enough for one let alone two!!

Im also selfish and love the love and affection that i get from Maizy and dont think i want to share her or divide my attention
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marti
Dog's Name: Tanner, Frankie, Jamie, Kelsey

I have four and believe me, that's enough. It's not the expense, it's that I don't have enough arms, i.e., it's hard to give everyone the attention I want to and they need. But I am giving some thought to fostering...
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka, Peppino and Tiny Tina

There are so many poor babies out their that need to be fostered.
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #35 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Mane
Dog's Name: Sasha (7/14/99) & Lola Pink (9/20/10)

I have 2 and for me thats the perfect number right now. But someday in the Far future I would like to have 3 and maybe in the nearer future foster a lil one. I had only one for 11 years and although that was great. I can't believe I had the heart to leave Sasha home alone all the time. Sasha and Lola don't always get along but as soon as I leave they stick together like glue and that makes me feel a lot better. I love having two. Although I agree it's double everything and my two are extremely spoiled and well fed. But it makes me happy to spend my money on them! They are my little luxuries!

S&LP'S Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey (L.A. North Central Animal Shelter)

If I lived in a house with a yard and was married (had help with care esp. when I'm sick) and didn't have allergies, I would say 3 or 4. Maybe 2 permanent pets and 2 fosters at a time. But in my situation, 1 is the perfect number.

Elisabeth & Zooey
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

I'm very happy with all 5 of my babies and wouldn't trade them for the world and definitely not at this moment watching Riley, Noelle and Chloe all chasing each other and playing and having so much fun right now. I just know that in the future and hopefully it's a long time from now i don't plan on having more then 2 a boy and a girl. That way when i go somewhere that allows pups i can take them both with me, it's a little difficult with 5 of them, not impossible but difficult.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deb
Dog's Name: Jops,Sammie,Frankie,LBB,Henry,Daisy,Lulu

It's all just a matter of what you can handle (vet bills, grooming, etc.)

My high was six of my own, with eight fosters. I loved it. I also work full time, with awesome friends who dog sit, a dog walker, a great vet, great neighbors, and am registered with my local shelter.

All depends on your situation.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I love having Tyler alone to really give him all the time and attention. Kind of like my having one skin child. I have so much going on sometimes with work and travel that sometimes I feel guilty not giving Tyler enough time. I guess I've dreamed of having one more to play with Tyler but with my son's lifelong fear of dogs, I am just getting by with having Tyler.I got him when he was away at college. Maybe if he ever moves out...permanently I would get another but think I would rather foster. Not that easy living in a co-op apartment building though.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Gabby
Dog's Name: Sagirah, Brito, Brisa and Khadijah. All malteses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie'sMom View Post
OMG, your Brisa is such an adorable little girl. I love the picture of her sleeping on the pillow.
Sorry to hear about her not being well. I think other said it all - healthcare is very expensive. One can get into serious financial trouble in a case of a serious illness.
Prayers for your little girl.

Hugs,
Katie & Charlie.
Thank you very much. Yes! She's soooo adorable 😍

I agree with the others, I would have as many as I could afford; and Im not talking just financially, but taking into consideration space (big yard, mine is medium), time (to groom, to pet, ideally I would like to be all day at home, etc). I love all my gang and dont regret any of them, they're the best thing that has ever happened to me ❤❤❤❤❤

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free