Iam Sick To My Stomach - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katie
Dog's Name: Charlie

I never heard of it and I probably couldn't watch it.
I can't even watch Bambi...and that's a cartoon...

People who run puppy mills should be locked in the small places for many many years without any parole.

Charlie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

I have heard about this one, but not sure I can watch it... I broke down during "One Nation Under Dog"... it haunted me for awhile. But I will probably look for it on interlibrary loan...

I am grateful that almost all of my friends are educated and know about puppy mills and many of them rescue their pets. However, I saw recently that two of my sorority sisters both purchased their bulldogs from likely puppy mills/BYB... although they did not realize/find out until afterwards, it INFURIATED me that they did not do the research to buy from a reputable breeder or rescued a bulldog.

I almost got on my soapbox and scolded them about their foolishness and the fact that their ignorance killed a dog that they could have saved, but they are both intelligent women who I believe just made a mistake and now know to do thorough research before adopting another dog. One of them rescued a mixed breed soon after buying her bulldog pup.

What infuriates me even more are the people who 'roll their eyes' at these statistics. I posted a picture of a gas chamber on my Facebook page and a college friend actually commented: "eye roll" and I immediately defriended him. He was angry because he bought his goldendoodle from a breeder because the rescue group asked an "insensitive" question (why don't you have children? their infant died when she was only a month old) and felt that my posting on important statistics was directed at people like him who chose not to rescue.

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Katie
Dog's Name: Charlie

All of my friends, family, colleagues, etc know about the Puppy Mills/BYB - used to have long speeches, that bored some of them, but nobody ever complained in my house. I honestly think they are afraid I would go on forever.
The thing is I really cannot watch these things on TV. It's not that I close eyes before reality or that I ignore the problems....it's just too upsetting for me.
I do volunteer in the local no-kill shelter. I'm having a hard time sometimes, but at least there the doggies are taken care of and not abused.
I don't know, if I'm making any sense here.....I just don't want people here to think I'm weird or childish or that I ignore the problem.

Charlie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement