How would you have reacted? - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

I don't know how many times people have asked can they use Milo as a stud for their female dogs. Usually when I say no they back down but in September I had Milo at a harvest fair with me and this guy would not stop asking so I eventually had to leave!

Just 2 weeks ago this group of women ran over to me to coo over him(they were actually quite scary and really in his face) and one of them just grabbed him out of my arms to cuddle him. Ummm, that is so unacceptable.

Sometimes it's annoying to have such adorable dogs

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Jojo
Dog's Name: Daisy & Cupcake

Whoa! This thread is crazy! I have never had anything like that ever happen to me, thank god! I have my babies microchipped & spayed but I still fear someone stealing my dogs because that's the sad world we live in. But I have never been approached like that. That's crazy! I've only ever had people tell me my dogs are cute & have had people ask if it was ok to pet them. The people y'all are talking about sound like nutters! Eeek!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie & Lisa "Left Eye"

I'm glad my pups are rescues... And fixed! Plus poor Lisa only has one eye... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Michele, I would have freaked too! I cannot imagine the thought of someone even presuming that Bella would be so easily given away. At first I would likely try to laugh them off, but if they continued, I would be quite clear about Bella, breeding and "buying" animals. I have a gift for lecturing someone to the point where they wished they'd never crossed my path lol .

A great fear of mine is that someone will try to take Bella. Seriously, I'd lose it. She's my baby and DH and I are beyond protective.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #15 (permalink)

Name: Michele
Dog's Name: Khloe Belle

I'm just so glad I'm not alone on this! I think I'll try to take it as a compliment for now and stay on high alert! I just really hope I'm never approached by anyone this way. My fiancÚ is lucky it was just him, I would have told that woman where she could stick her money and thoroughly embarrassed him, I'm sure. But as a plus, I've discussed with him how imperative it is that we get her fixed THIS WEEK and he agrees so I'm taking her first thing Tomorrow morning! I'm nervous because this is her first surgery of course and we all know the dangers there... But I've found a vet that I trust, and I'm ready to get this done!

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Micheleandkhloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Michele
Dog's Name: Khloe Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Michele, I would have freaked too! I cannot imagine the thought of someone even presuming that Bella would be so easily given away. At first I would likely try to laugh them off, but if they continued, I would be quite clear about Bella, breeding and "buying" animals. I have a gift for lecturing someone to the point where they wished they'd never crossed my path lol .

A great fear of mine is that someone will try to take Bella. Seriously, I'd lose it. She's my baby and DH and I are beyond protective.
That was my thought, who would just sell off their dog to the highest bidder? I will say I got a very good deal on khloe because the breeders were new to the business and new to texas so they had no idea they were practically GIVING them away... Anyway I didn't want her to make a profit, and the thought of it makes me feel sick!

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Micheleandkhloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleandkhloe View Post
Khloe loves to ride in the car, so yesterday morning I was being lazy and my fiancÚ decided to take her to the bank with him. When they came home he told me a woman was asking about how much we paid for her, if the "breeding numbers" were left open(which they were) and if she had full paperwork, shots etc... He said yes, of course and the woman offered him $1000 for her! ): he said no way this is my fiancÚ's pride and joy, she would never forgive me! (Which of course is the truth) she then upped the bid to $1500... Again, he told the woman she was not for sale. She told him to name a price and he just walked away from her. He told me this story and I felt myself fill with a mixture of sadness and anger! All she wanted was to make money off my Khloe! ): y'all I cried last night thinking about it more and more. Am I ridiculous?? Now that Khloe is older, she goes everywhere with me, and everyone always tells me how beautiful she is... But I hope I am never approached the way my fiancÚ was because I won't be so nice! Aghh sorry I just needed to vent, nobody understands why I'm so POed about it, but I know my SM friends get me!

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Holy cow, I can't believe that lady would think she could offer money and you fiancÚ would just hand over your dog! What nerve!!!!!! And it sounds like she was very persistent too. That's creepy. If she really wants a dog, why doesn't she find a breeder.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippersmom View Post
Holy cow, I can't believe that lady would think she could offer money and you fiancÚ would just hand over your dog! What nerve!!!!!! And it sounds like she was very persistent too. That's creepy. If she really wants a dog, why doesn't she find a breeder.
Probably because she's so crazy no one will give her a dog

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

That is so incredibly creepy!! Who does that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Probably because she's so crazy no one will give her a dog

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement