How would you have reacted? - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo

I think that everyone will agree with me that there is no amount of money in the world that would be enough for our furbabies. These people do not realize that to us, these are our precious little children. I get people telling me all the time that I spend too much on them, I am "too wrapped up in", or "it's JUST a dog". I can now find it in my heart to feel sorry for these misguided people because they have not been fortunate enough to fall in love with one of these wonderful little creatures. It also made me feel better when I told my Mother-in-Law to mind her own business and it was none of her business what I do with my angel!! Two years ago, she got a furbaby (actually, my hubby bought her one) and now she's almost as bad as I am!
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Ashley
Dog's Name: Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheleandkhloe View Post
My fiancÚ is lucky it was just him, I would have told that woman where she could stick her money and thoroughly embarrassed him, I'm sure.
I would have done the same thing. I'm a fairly sweet girl, but if anyone came up to me trying to BUY my Sophie off of me to likely use in a puppy mill or in some sort of breeding, they probably would end up regretting coming up to me in the first place. And I would probably end up thoroughly embarrassing my BF for making such a scene. Though that lady definitely would have deserved it.
Besides, if she has all this money to try and buy someones dog off of them, why doesnt she go looking for a breeder herself. Not that it sounds like she would deserve it. As i said, she was probably looking to breed her to make money. It's so sad, some people just have to much nerve.

With all that being said, Michele, you are the first person I've ever seen with their names spelled like my moms. I needed that today

AshleyAndSophiePup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

We were at my mother's visiting one time, and an older gentleman that was visiting my mom asked me if he could gave have Avalon? She liked him and sat on his lap the whole time we were there. I told him no, I couldn't part with her, but I would help him find one if he wanted. My mom and I went on a search and found him a little mixed breed from the pound. He loved and cared for her, unfortunately the pup outlived him. Another good friend took the dog and gave it a forever hone. Thus old man had a ton of money, but all the money in the world would not make me part with any of my dogs!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janene
Dog's Name: Babinka (06/09/14 Rainbow Bridge) Peppino and Tiny Tina

I am sorry that this woman ever did that to you! I am sure you have died a thousand deaths by hearing this. My reaction...well now I dont think it would be good if I posted here :-) Some people just unbelieveable no word to describe
maltese manica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
mss
Maltese Guru

This is another reason to make sure they are microchipped!

When people I was leery of used to admire my late Spunky. I would sigh and say, oh, he has soooo many problems. ...

Deborah, what a lovely story about the older gentleman!
mss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

I had someone offer me $10,000 for Emma at a dog show once. I wasn't even slightly tempted, although my husband wasn't so understanding when I told him :P I kept telling the lady that it was my daughter's dog and there is no way in H*LL I was going to part with her, no matter what it cost.

People like that lady who asked about registration are just CREEPY. Geez. How tacky to solicit someone's pet for breeding purposes!

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #27 (permalink)

Name: Michele
Dog's Name: Khloe Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyAndSophiePup View Post
I would have done the same thing. I'm a fairly sweet girl, but if anyone came up to me trying to BUY my Sophie off of me to likely use in a puppy mill or in some sort of breeding, they probably would end up regretting coming up to me in the first place. And I would probably end up thoroughly embarrassing my BF for making such a scene. Though that lady definitely would have deserved it.
Besides, if she has all this money to try and buy someones dog off of them, why doesnt she go looking for a breeder herself. Not that it sounds like she would deserve it. As i said, she was probably looking to breed her to make money. It's so sad, some people just have to much nerve.

With all that being said, Michele, you are the first person I've ever seen with their names spelled like my moms. I needed that today
That's awesome! I never know anyone who spells it the way I do! (:

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Micheleandkhloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #28 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaratamaltese View Post
I had someone offer me $10,000 for Emma at a dog show once. I wasn't even slightly tempted, although my husband wasn't so understanding when I told him :P I kept telling the lady that it was my daughter's dog and there is no way in H*LL I was going to part with her, no matter what it cost.
Emma's MINE if Marina ever decides she doesn't want her

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement