How would you have reacted? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Michele
Dog's Name: Khloe Belle
Default How would you have reacted?

Khloe loves to ride in the car, so yesterday morning I was being lazy and my fiancÚ decided to take her to the bank with him. When they came home he told me a woman was asking about how much we paid for her, if the "breeding numbers" were left open(which they were) and if she had full paperwork, shots etc... He said yes, of course and the woman offered him $1000 for her! ): he said no way this is my fiancÚ's pride and joy, she would never forgive me! (Which of course is the truth) she then upped the bid to $1500... Again, he told the woman she was not for sale. She told him to name a price and he just walked away from her. He told me this story and I felt myself fill with a mixture of sadness and anger! All she wanted was to make money off my Khloe! ): y'all I cried last night thinking about it more and more. Am I ridiculous?? Now that Khloe is older, she goes everywhere with me, and everyone always tells me how beautiful she is... But I hope I am never approached the way my fiancÚ was because I won't be so nice! Aghh sorry I just needed to vent, nobody understands why I'm so POed about it, but I know my SM friends get me!

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Micheleandkhloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

When Gus was going through his red phase, women used to greet him in stores saying, "Oh I'm just going to steal you from your Mommy! You'd like a better life, right?"

They had no idea what kind of life he was living...and just how they would say "steal you" - it gave me the creeps. I had one elderly lady TRY to steal him.

Make sure your fiance never lets anyone hold her!

Then I had 2 ladies (separate times) offer me $$ for stud fee... They wanted Gus to breed with their female! Luckily at the time I had to inform them he was snipped LOL

And is she fixed? That will solve the breeding part right there!

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

She is getting fixed this week actually! I intended to have it done much earlier, but I've had trouble finding a vet that I trust 100%! Finally I found one that specializes in small breeds and I'm going to take her in Monday or Tuesday! (Very nervous!)

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

That's just bizarre. I wouldn't put much thought into it, some people are just flat crazy and there's no sense in wasting your time trying to understand them! Glad you are getting her spayed soon!
StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Just this week I had a lady come out of a store & say "I want that dog!" She was speaking Greek so I had to ask someone what she said. . . I simply said "everyone wants this dog" but it already has a home!

I told DH when he came home that we need to be really careful because I know our 2 could be snatched in a heart-beat here.
He is on board w/the watch patrol! We take turns staying in the car w/them if we need to run an errand---no dog in the car alone!
My great fear in leaving them at home w/out us is that someone might break in and take them---robberies are common place here & the police don't do much at all.
I can only be as careful as I can be & somewhere I have to make my peace w/the rest of life.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yes! I have everyone on high alert now! And luckily I still live at home with family so it is RARE for nobody to be there! If I'm paranoid, oh well! I'd much rather be safe(and maybe a little crazy) than sorry!

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

There are people out there who apparently don't care what they say and how it sounds. I can't tell you the number of strangers who have approached me saying similar things and so many saying they would like to steal Leila. Most of the time, I'm telling myself they're just saying it as a compliment to her. But with the way there are so many crazy people these days, it scares me that some might be serious and I keep Leila that much closer.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I have an acquaintance here (a younger single lady) who was broken into in her home by 3 men w/an axe---she hit the first one w/a baseball bat & the other 2 fled. As it turned out the man actually died after the police took him to the hospital. My fears are not unfounded.
I am friendly so it would be easy to catch me off-guard---I need to be vigilant about the pups. I hate leaving them w/care-takers because I don't know how careful they are by practice. Sometimes I have to do it & it makes me a little crazy.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

People always compliment daisy I say compliment because it would worry me of I thought about it any other way. She is never off her lead in public. She is such a friendly dog that I would worry if she was off her lead someone would snatch her. It's so sad our vets front desk is full of missing/lost dogs all of which are pedigree dogs. In my heart of hearts I know a lot of these dogs are probably stolen. I never let daisy out of my sight!!
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Elisabeth
Dog's Name: Zooey (L.A. North Central Animal Shelter)

Sheesh, people can be so ghetto! Once you have Khloe spayed, I think you'll feel safer. Usually people steal cute dogs like Malts only to use them as breeders. And it's no one's business what you paid, if she's registered, etc. Don't answer those questions from people whose intentions you don't trust!

Elisabeth & Zooey
zooeysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement