Do others judge you? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Default Do others judge you?

NO matter how many pets you have or what you do with them, do you get judged? I am constantly being judged for spoiling my babies. They always have treats, are groomed and have all kinds of toys. Others just do not understand this and think that I am crazy for doing this, which I say they are family and deserve to be treated like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cindy
Dog's Name: Zoey

The people who judge are the people who will never be a good maltese owner. Nor do they truely understand that pets arent just pets, but memebers of the family that you just treat a bit differently. They most likely are then ones that think a pet is just some animal you have to feed once in awhile. They could also not be pet people. Either way it doesnt matter. Opinions are like noses everyone has one. Let them think what they like. You know you are doing good by your furbaby, and that is all that matters.
dragonsdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

all the time everybody thinks im nuts over my dogs , and keep getting reminded they are not humans you know !!!!! but who cares i will love them just as much no matter who likes it !!!!!!!!!!!
aksm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Sadly, yes but I don't care. I want to provide the best care for Milo and if that makes others judge me then so what.

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Guys, I don't mind being judged, as human beings we judge from the moment we get up in the morning to the time we go to bed at night, it's just part of our nature, we can't help it.

But I do mind the nasty comments, they aren't necessary. And the next time someone picks on you for dressing up your dog, or grooming it, or feeding expensive food, ask them if they wouldn't mind putting their efforts towards something more meaningful like stopping animals from being beaten and burned, and abandoned in buildings when people move, and from being starved or left our to freeze to death or diet of heat exhaustion.

If they think what we do is abuse, it might be a good idea for them to do some time at a shelter.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

A short answer to your question would be "yes" and a longer one would be "I deserve it."
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Yep, I get judged and nope I don't care .

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Jojo
Dog's Name: Daisy & Cupcake

I would spoil my babies even more if my hubby would let me! He thinks I go a bit overboard sometimes. But he adores our little munchkin butts as much as I do!
The only people that have ever made rude comments are my in-laws. Whatever! Hubby tells them off when they make comments. They haven't made any snide comments in quite a while, actually. Maybe they finally realized that our dogs are our four-legged furry kids!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Celeta
Dog's Name: Steve (a rescue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
A short answer to your question would be "yes" and a longer one would be "I deserve it."
LOL Sandi!! Same here! My friends and family all think this dog has made me a little crazy - because he has! So I just own it and we all get a good laugh at my expense. Steve is kind of famous around here of how often he's on Facebook.

StevieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Name: Michele
Dog's Name: Khloe Belle

I'm constantly being judged by my family and friends for doing so much for her! She's my only one, and it will be at least five years until I want a child, so I just tell them she is my baby and I want her to be the happiest dog she can. They can judge, but all that matters is that we and our babies are healthy and happy! I do spend a lot of money but nobody could ever convince me that anything is wrong with it!

Love,
Michele & Khloe
Micheleandkhloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement