Back from vacation... Grooming disaster :( - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Welcome home Marisa! I can understand why this bothers you but I also know that you realize it's still the same Obi, no matter what he looks like! Lynn's right. Obi doesn't care about his tail being thinner or that his coat isn't like it was when you left, but we all know that it will be again soon! Give that sweet boy a kiss from me!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper&Dusty; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

Aw, sorry Marisa. Don't know who I feel more sorry for, you being upset about his hair or Obi having to sit thru the grooming. Stinks for both of you!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Marisa - so glad to have you back. Sounds like an amazing trip and hope you'll share some pix. I'm so sorry about Obi. He's so handsome and even if he was bald that little personality would shine through. At least he was happy and healthy but I know how heartbreaking it must have been at every single matt you had to take out. Was thinking too that he can wear some great clothes while his hair's growing in. We all missed you and Obi.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Welcome home!

I'm glad you had a good trip. Glad Obi had a fun time playing

I remember the first time Gus's hair matted. I was visiting my sister and skipped a bath/groom because it was so cold. The morning we were leaving I woke up to him covered in thick mats.

Took me a whole week to get through all of it. I cried, too. I completely understand.

But yes it is just hair... it will grow back. I'm sure Obi is just thrilled to see you and be home again!

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jackie
Dog's Name: Pippa and Cozette. Dolly and Tiffany are angels at the Bridge

Marisa, I'm so sorry to hear that about Obi-- I remember after my accident Pippa got so bad that she had to be shaved-- I was distraught! When I went on vacation with my daughter last month, mats came back since my hubby doesn't groom as diligently as I do. I went on Amazon and bought an amazing mat splitter similar to the one that my groomer uses. It's been a godsend.

BTW I have to thank you so much for the recommendation of the Biogroom Waterless Shampoo. It's been so great to use with Pippa since I still battle eye staining, and it makes daily face cleaning much less of an ordeal.

socalyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

It is maddening when you show someone how to groom & you come home to mats! I am leaving Tues. and will be gone 8 days & am already dreading coming back to tangled mats! We go to the groomer Thurs. but I don't want it short before leaving as it is getting cold here (well, cold for us!). I wish my pups had a live-in nanny, at least I could fire her!

So welcome home---we missed you! Hope you are refreshed!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: April
Dog's Name: Rose, Lily, & Eva

Welcome home, Marisa! I'm sorry about Obi's hair..I would cry, too. It will grow back..While you were gone, I cut Eva's beautiful floor-length hair into a long puppy cut. It looked great until I tried to thin it last week..she looks like a powder puff now.I missed with the clipper and accidentally cut off a small piece and the remaining hair stands straight up! I have been brushing and combing, though...
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Welcome home Marisa I know Obi is happy to be back with Mommy. I would love to visit Asia some day, it sounds awesome. It's amazing the difference when they have a playmate. makes the separation easier on you too. Oh I feel so bad for you and Obi going through days of removing mats. Were you able to trim him shorter all over to even it out? Sammie had to have that cut once and it was not too bad and grew back out fast. Remember when I had to cut Penny after I got her bec I let it mat before I realized how fast long coats mat. That was nothing like Obi but I remember how difficult it was to remove them. I am so glad you were able to work on Obi yourself, my groomer told me most people just shave them down when this happens.
Glad your home safe!!
xxx

Last edited by SammieMom; 11-20-2012 at 08:32 AM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Orla
Dog's Name: Milo
Send a message via MSN to Orla

Welcome back!

Don't worry, their hair grows so fast! I have given Milo some bad haircuts and within a few weeks he looked fine

Milo's Instagram
Orla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Carole
Dog's Name: Giovanni & Manny-Guiseppe

Welcome back, but oh my! I am sorry about Obi's hair! It is so difficult for a non Maltese person to understand the grooming demands. I hope he grows out quickly!

ckanen2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement