Back from shopping and the groomers - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila
Default Back from shopping and the groomers

I found a place through the Bio-Groom website that's not far from here that sells the Waterless tearless shampoo. I took Leila to buy some for her but they don't carry it right now. I guess I should've called first. But they do sell Fromm's and Spa Lavish! So, it was worth going. I haven't tried the Spa Lavish yet because I took her to be groomed after we left there and I'm not going to change her diet until after the Thanksgiving weekend since we won't be at home. I did get another waterless shampoo, but it's not tearless, so I have to be careful not to get it in her eyes. It's made by Nature's Miracle. Has anyone tried it? The guy who was helping us also gave her a free trial size of Nutri Source treats that are grain free. Has anyone tried these?

After leaving there, I took her to PetSmart and had her groomed. I asked the groomer not to cut the hair around her face. She did it anyway! This is the 2nd time (different place) a groomer has done this! How do you find a groomer you can trust and who will do it as you ask? I don't want to see skin on top of her snout. I don't want to have to keep dealing with hair poking her in her eyes as it's growing out. I want to pull it all up into a top knot. I told her all of this too! I'll post some pics below, but you can't see it as much in pictures as you can in person. I do like the bow she gave her though and was pleased with everything else. But the apricot color in her ears looks like it's darker and it did look like it had lightened up before.

While Leila was being groomed, I ran in Target and got her some more things and also the Kinky Curly Knot Today. Of course, I haven't used that yet either. I went back to PetSmart to see if I could catch Leila being groomed so I could see how she does. I got there just in time because they were just finishing up. It made me feel good to see the groomer being good with Leila and rubbing her and gave her a kiss. She didn't know I was outside watching through the window. There was a teenage girl watching too and was crying on her cell phone to her mother about their Cavalier being cut too short on the face too. I felt so bad for the girl. She kept apologizing to her mother and saying she'd told them not to cut the face. I guess everyone wants their puppies to look good on Thanksgiving. I did learn one lesson...no more grooming the day before Leila is to have pictures made or meet someone special for the first time.

That's Leila in the back being groomed in the 1st pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Back from shopping and the groomers-photo-14-.jpg   Back from shopping and the groomers-photo-11-.jpg   Back from shopping and the groomers-photo-13-.jpg  

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kathy
Dog's Name: Pipper

She looks so pretty. She looks perfect to me. Funny how we all want to try all this new stuff we hear about. As I hear about something, I make sure I always check for it next time I'm in a pet store. Sounds like you had fun shopping.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

pippersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

Oh Leila looks beautiful!! I'm always trying out new stuff too! Sorry that they cut her face too short, but she dies look beautiful to me!

Furbabies mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

She looks adorable You'll find a groomer... I would suggest an independently owned groomer rather than Petco or Petsmart, I feel like a smaller business will take the time to learn each individual dog's grooming needs.. we ask for the same groomer for Ozzie since we have been happy with him.

I chose my groomer because my mom took our yorkie there for many years. However, Ozzie just contracted conjunctivitis, and odds are it came from the groomers since he was there only a few days prior.. So we might be looking for a new groomer too!

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

She is so adorable! I love the holly bow

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Leila says thank you!

The other groomer that cut her facial hair is at an independently owned place. The owner is an old friend of mine but she doesn't do the grooming. I wanted to ask on facebook if anyone had any suggestions on someone around here but that owner is also a friend on facebook and I wouldn't want her to see. She's a real sweet person and so is the groomer that works for her, so I wouldn't want to hurt either of their feelings.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

Adorable!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Robin
Dog's Name: Phoebe Trixibell (adopted) and Griffin (Bonnie's Angel)

Leila looks beautiful and so festive in her holly bow!

I would hate to live in a world without dogs, glass, or wine...
MoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement