Missing my baby - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka
Default Missing my baby

I am in India for a wedding and I miss Gustave so bad. The hubby said he cried(whined) himself to sleep these past two nights. But he does look happy during the day, maybe because I am usually at work during day time anyway?

Gustave doesn't like to sleep at night without me. Even if I wake up to go to the bathroom he will sit up and wait for me to come back before he goes back to sleep. Poor baby! I guess this is good for him in a way to break a bad habit.

The husband wanted to let Gustave sleep in the bed with him but we decided to wait it out for a bit. Please share if you have any advice.

Hoping he will settle down soon. Hoping I will stop missing him so badly. It's only a week and I'll be back with my baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

Wow, India?! I have always wanted to go there.

I'm sorry you miss Gustave...and it sounds like he really misses you, too! It definitely is good for him to not expect you to be around 100% of the time but it makes it horrible for your husband, lol. Preston is just like Gustave. He can adapt, but he really just wants me.

Gustave should probably settle in a bit more in the next day or so. Usually after a few days they adjust pretty well to their new temporary routine. Maybe your husband can take him out for a longer walk to tire him out more so he just crashes, or perhaps he can take him out on a special outing to a pet boutique or Petsmart/Petco? London loves going places and even if I hold her wherever we go, she still gets wiped out from all of the excitement and sleeps really well.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Those are great ideas. We only walk Gustave around the block three times a day and then let him run around in our building's dog park but I just told the husband about your advice. He just sent me this picture.
Missing my baby-imageuploadedbypg-free1353553986.594353.jpg

I guess my husband is ready to try anything to make Gustave go to bed without crying, lol.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

Ohhhh, Gustave is too cute!!! My husband also sends me pics of the dogs when I leave town without them. lol

Tell your hubby I hope taking the little guy out again helps tonight! My husband feels his pain. lol
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Aww, he's so cute! Could you maybe try to Skype with him? I don't know if it would help, but worth a try. I know Leila likes to watch cartoons, lol.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
Aww, he's so cute! Could you maybe try to Skype with him? I don't know if it would help, but worth a try. I know Leila likes to watch cartoons, lol.

Cartoons? OMG that is so cute.

We tried video chat and Gustave got really playful. He started running around, coming back to the iPad, staring and then running around again. LOL, it was hilarious but we couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing, so we stopped.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Oh~ I know exactly how you feel since I just got back from asia! Gustave will get used to the new routine. My husband and I totally caved and Obi sleeps on our bed (still outside the covers) with us. I think dogs are extremely adaptable and he will adjust but if your husband caves in... I can understand-- Have a wonderful trip and have a lot of fun at the wedding! I love Indian weddings-- it's like a whole festival!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoaloha View Post
Oh~ I know exactly how you feel since I just got back from asia! Gustave will get used to the new routine. My husband and I totally caved and Obi sleeps on our bed (still outside the covers) with us. I think dogs are extremely adaptable and he will adjust but if your husband caves in... I can understand-- Have a wonderful trip and have a lot of fun at the wedding! I love Indian weddings-- it's like a whole festival!
Yes! It is totally a festival.

Gustave finally stopped crying at night. He's gotten used to his new schedule. I can't wait to see my baby again.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Grace
Dog's Name: Daisy

So sorry your missing gustave he is such a cutie. I always miss daisy even if I'm only gone an hour. Try and enjoy India its supposed to be beautiful and immsure the hubby will be ok as well as gustave. I agree with others try and give gustave as much exercise as possible before he goes to bed and then **** be too tired to do anything
WeeGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

AWWWW thats so sad! I am leaving Arthur for 2 months soon as I have to go work and I;m so sad I am crying already. I hope you feel better and he doesnt miss you too much
nicolen412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement