Do yours do this? - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny
Smile Do yours do this?

I have never seen either of mine do this before. I baked a pumpkin dessert (the one we had at Hilton Head that was so yummy) and I put it on counter to cool. Well, Penny is standing right in center of the den with her nose straight up in the air while she sniffs in different directions trying to figure out where the aroma is coming from. Then she goes to the kitchen and comes right back to the same spot and up goes the nose again.
It is so darn cute.

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

That is cute! I haven't noticed Leila doing it yet. But tonight, I was making a sweet potato souffle for tomorrow and after I had put the potatoes in the mixer, I gave Leila just a taste before adding all the goodies to them. She loved it! When hubby came in a few minutes later, Leila was on the other side of the kitchen chasing the cat and I told him what I gave her. I said, "watch this...I wonder if she'll associate the sound of the mixer with the sweet potatoes" and I turned it back on. Sure enough, she ran right over and sat at my feet, looking up at me. Luckily, I had a little of the plain sweet potatoes left and gave her another taste. I only gave her a pinch each time. I think I read on here that sweet potatoes are ok for malts, right?

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Pen Pen knows something good was a cookin and she's hoping that you'll share.
Kelly does that and looks like a bunny since she wiggles her nose too, she's a pig and is constantly doing that hoping it's something for her.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cookie
Dog's Name: Yukki and Genki

How cute. Mine do the same thing with their noses up in the air. It is so adorable. (Your desert sounds yummy!)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

LOL! i can imagine Penny looking all cute doing that Obi will actually stand in front of me and lick his lips expectantly even though I say, "not for puppies." LOL! silly dogs!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Ohhh your dessert sounds good. Sweet potatoes should be fine. Heck everything you see now is SP this, SP that, right?? That is cute with mixer. Penny used to bark at my mixer. Now she just ignores it. I think she finally gave up on the cake.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

I think Penny and Snowball would get along great together! LOL He has the best radar when it comes to great smelling foods. And, often he will sit there for almost ... *forever* ... until I give him a tiny taste of something that I know won't hurt him. He knows though, that certain foods are a "no no" ... no matter how long he gazes up at me with those puppy doggie eyes.

Kandis, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
vjw
Maltese Guru

Karli goes nuts when I cook a turkey.
vjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marie
Dog's Name: Snowball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
That is cute! I haven't noticed Leila doing it yet. But tonight, I was making a sweet potato souffle for tomorrow and after I had put the potatoes in the mixer, I gave Leila just a taste before adding all the goodies to them. She loved it! When hubby came in a few minutes later, Leila was on the other side of the kitchen chasing the cat and I told him what I gave her. I said, "watch this...I wonder if she'll associate the sound of the mixer with the sweet potatoes" and I turned it back on. Sure enough, she ran right over and sat at my feet, looking up at me. Luckily, I had a little of the plain sweet potatoes left and gave her another taste. I only gave her a pinch each time. I think I read on here that sweet potatoes are ok for malts, right?
Pam, sweet potatoes are great for our fluff babies. I do think we have to be careful though of some spices that are in pumpkin or sweet potato pie ... maybe I am wrong.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thank you Marie. Pennys first holiday, should be fun. I wish the two of them could play. That would be awesome. I tell ya seems silly, but she looked so funny doing her hound dog..
Well cooking has began!! And the mess. Lol. I love to cook this kind of stuff though.
xxx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement