Sling style carriers - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler
Default Sling style carriers

Wanted to try to get some feedback on sling style carriers. There are times I'd really like to bring Tyler along without him in a bag and was wondering about the slings. Anyone have them? Like/dislike them and why? I'm also very short 5'1" and worry they may hang down too far because of that. I saw some on ETSY that were cute and not crazy expensive. And you know me, I'm not a fan of crazy expensive ...I'd rather use the money for rescues.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci

I actually got the Susan Lanci carrier
Cuddle Carrier by Susan Lanci Black | Designer Dog Purses at Glamourmutt.com
I really like it. I'm also short (5'1) so I know what you mean, but it is adjustable and she does pretty well in there. It is actually on sale today for Cyber Monday, but it's $108 regular priced, so that may be too much.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

I use a baby sling I got for $6 from a kids resell store LOL When she was a little puppy I put a blanket in the bottom to be like a "pillow" and boost her up.

I've been using it a lot the last few weeks with Grace in heat... she is wanting extra cuddles.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

Sue, I have 2--one is the Susan Lanci I won in this yrs. rescue raffle---it is the BMW of carriers---very nice! I have a Trixie (European one) that I love in cloth---it was a bit "dear" as well, but has worked for Kitzi & Lisi (not together)---so now DH & I can both carry one each. I have a "purse" but it isn't as comfy for the pups---I love the slings. I am not very tall either so that can be an issue. Some have adjustable straps.
The Susan Lanci one has a very warm, kushlie interior--the other one is more of a summer sling. Kitzi has taken over the Lanci one---he snuggles down inside all comfy! I went for the "fawn" color so DH would feel good carrying it too!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Jasper;Dusty&Ozzy; Alvin,Winston&Angel waiting at the Bridge

It's a little unconventional, but my friend uses a '31' bag. She has a Malt x Poodle so Chloe is a little bigger than Tyler. I've watched her load up in the tote bag, she loves it. I'll ask her if she has a picture to share.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barb
Dog's Name: Spookie

I once saw a woman who had one, it was red, she had it adjusted almost up to her neck. Seems like it was a nylon material. I have spine issues, and this was so high up it might not hurt. Sorry I can't be more specific, it was 3 years ago. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? Oh, she had a rescued Maltese in it.

Think before you pink
Do you know how the money is spent?
spookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sue, I bought one at Nationals this year and love it! Truffles fits very nicely and loves riding around in it. It was from Outward Hound.
Outward Hound Sling-Go Pet Sling - Blue - Kyjen | Outward Hound | Ruff Wear | Pet Carriers | Pet Strollers | Auto Accessories for Dogs | Outdoor Gear for Dogs

Please Donate to GME Research
Lola's GME Research Fund
http://maf.convio.net/goto/lolagme.fund
pammy4501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Maureen
Dog's Name: Cherry Lola, (Bonnies Angels) Penny Lane, (Spunsilk)

I also have the Susan Lanci cuddle carrier in leopard Sue. Use it for Penny. I really like it soft and cosy and easy to wear. On a side note I always thought I was 5'1" but recently found out I was 5'2" LOL. Maybe you should check

silverhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I really didn't want to spend as much as the Lanci carrier but I'll check all out. I did see some very cute and reasonable ones on Etsy. I'm going to try to try some out in the pet boutiques near me. So funny but tonight while I was at Winter's Eve, a big holiday celebration running from Lincoln Center to the Time Warner Center I thought people were nuts to bring dogs and kids in strollers. It was SOOO congested with people trying to get to food tasting tents. I got on one line and there was a woman in front of me with a dog in a sling. It was a rather large poodle but she had a Fundle carrier and liked it a lot. She said I would need a small. What were chances that on the day I posted this that someone would have their dog in one in front of me?

Old 11-27-2012, 12:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Thanks everyone. I'll have to do some exploring and see if I can try some out at the boutiques here in NYC. I did see some very cute reasonable ones on Ebay. Never thought of looking at a baby carrier but that might work too. Funny but at a night time event I went to tonight a woman in front of me had her rather large poodle in a Fundle. She liked it a lot. Hers was a large. Great ideas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement