Please pray for our SM member Lynzodolly - Page 13 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #121 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Aww Lisa thanks I'm filling up as I read that ... So lovely thank u .. I hope your newborn trip went well il text you my number in a minute so I can update u when I can't get on here cx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #122 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: Maizy

I think sometimes the hardest decisions are the best decisions and you put Albert first which goes to prove that!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #123 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzodolly View Post
Thanks so much to each and everyone of you lovely thoughtfull people it these responses !!... I should know more news tonight .. My sweet boy I miss him terribly .. I keep looking on here at all our comments and it spurs me on through the day ... Oh I hope he responds well and we can put it all behind us ,, I have read on some articles on the Internet that as vaccinations can trigger relapses in his condition they can waver them in future do you think it's possible as when his booster is due I will panic !!! But wat about kennelling on holiday times ?!! ... Does anyone know ?... Xx
Never mind the kennels I'll look after him
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #124 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Aww that would be so sweet sammy would love him to stay. ) xx
Old 12-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #125 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Max, Buddy and Bunnie; Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

So glad Albert is holding his own. He must be a tough little guy. Sounds like everyone at the hospital loves him already!

About the vaccinations, when my Grendel had his similar episode, our vet said absolutley no vaccines again ever. His immune system could not handle them, and it could trigger another incident. She wrote a letter for us saying he had a medical waiver for vaccines and he never had another one. Definitely ask the doctor about this when Albert comes home. In my opinion it is not worth risking it happening again. If a kennel won't accept the waiver, I would try to find somewhere else.

Quote:
Thanks so much to each and everyone of you lovely thoughtfull people it these responses !!... I should know more news tonight .. My sweet boy I miss him terribly .. I keep looking on here at all our comments and it spurs me on through the day ... Oh I hope he responds well and we can put it all behind us ,, I have read on some articles on the Internet that as vaccinations can trigger relapses in his condition they can waver them in future do you think it's possible as when his booster is due I will panic !!! But wat about kennelling on holiday times ?!! ... Does anyone know ?... Xx

Daisy and Max
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #126 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy

Quote:
Aww that would be so sweet sammy would love him to stay. ) xx
2 brothers together, anytime
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #127 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Kathleen thanks so much for that advice I am writing all these things down to ask the vet also .. As there's so much to ask. ... I think I'd b too scared to ever vaccinate him again also ... Oh can't wait for tonight with more news xx
Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #128 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sammy and Albert bros together xx double trouble for u !!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #129 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Just got on the computer and went to SM right away to check on Albert. Glad that his platelets are moving in the right direction. Still praying for him and you. I know this is so hard for you but all you are thinking about is Albert and what he needs, not yourself. The real meaning of a mom.
I wouldn't worry about him not remembering you or loving you just as much. My neighbor had spinal surgery and had to send her dog away for 9 weeks. She just came back and boy, what a love fest
About the vaccines - I wouldn't chance it. If they're saying they'll give you a waiver I would do that. It isn't worth risking Albert's life. I bet you can find someone to look after him -- I just saw that we have another member in Scotland. When I have gone on vacation a friend watched Tyler one time and my cousin another. I'm sure he's so cute that you'll find someone anxious to watch him...and if you want you can pay them what you would pay a kennel since you'd spend that anyway.
Stay strong and give us updates when you get a chance

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #130 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

No, I don't think he will forget you either! We had a Pomeranian for 15 years. When my mother had moved to a different state, Copper had not seen her in over a year and when she came back to visit, Copper came to see who had just come in the door. When he saw her, he immediately stopped for just a second and looked like he was thinking, "am I dreaming?" Then he immediately ran to her with his tail wagging. Everyone in the room said ,"awww!" At the same time as we could all tell he was so happy to see her. It was soooo sweet and I wish I had it on video. He never left her side the entire visit and even slept with her at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement