Please pray for our SM member Lynzodolly - Page 25 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #241 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Daisy, Max, Buddy and Bunnie; Grendel, Molly and Bunny in heaven

Just the best news ever!
I am so happy for you and Albert!
I am sure you cant wait to see him.

Daisy and Max
Kathleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #242 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Bridget I love that little post !!!! I can't wait to post pics of him when he's home !!!...Thank you so much xxx

Tori I know !!! Best news all week I am worried that he is just at 27 and is supposed to be at least 40 they said to go home though ..... ... I'm worried what he will act like , look like when I see him too xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #243 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Kathleen I am so so so excited yes !!! But like I said I'm worried he might be really fragile xx
Old 12-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #244 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

That is such great news Lyndsy. I know your beyond excited. Now will Albert still need to get his levels higher or is 27 OK, sorry I forget the numbers in your previous posts. I am so happy for you sweetie!

I know you have to watch over Albert like a hawk, so this might not apply. and I am not one to give advise believe me But one thing I would have done different after Sammie's surgery is not be so overprotective/and spoiling him. I think he developed some behavioral issues from ME, that I have had to correct. I would try and keep it as close to how it was before he went to hospital.

Can't wait to see pics of your little MAN~~~

SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #245 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl
Heart

I am a little hesitant to jump in here because I know what I am about to say may be perceived as "negative" BUT "hands on my heart" that is not how I mean this. I am as happy as anyone that little boy Albert is doing better & coming home ---both for him & for dear Lyndsy. I know that for all of us who have walked w/her in this process his coming home could not happen soon enough.
Having said all of this I know how fragile he still is---this is a very serious condition -- and having lost a couple of pounds at his size is a lot. I also know how seeing him the first time will be a really big shock to you Lyndsy---his hair will be cut in places (for infusions, etc) and he may smell a little strange (medicinal), and he will still be weak and probably sleep most of the time. I just want to prepare you a little for that.
I also hope you have a good plan in place w/the local vet or vet hospital. I think the doctors will help you to know for what you need to watch & when you may need to have him checked locally or bring him back. You will need to move very quickly at any notice of a set-back.
We are all pulling for you & little Albert, Lyndsy. SMers will do anything to help each other. Be assured of all our love and prayers.
And---yes, go & celebrate---we will be w/you in spirit!
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #246 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

We're all so happy he will be coming home. Keep us posted on how he does and don't be afraid to take him to the vet if any tiny thing seems wrong. Better safe than sorry...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #247 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Dog's Name: Sammie & Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I am a little hesitant to jump in here because I know what I am about to say may be perceived as "negative" BUT "hands on my heart" that is not how I mean this. I am as happy as anyone that little boy Albert is doing better & coming home ---both for him & for dear Lyndsy. I know that for all of us who have walked w/her in this process his coming home could not happen soon enough.
Having said all of this I know how fragile he still is---this is a very serious condition -- and having lost a couple of pounds at his size is a lot. I also know how seeing him the first time will be a really big shock to you Lyndsy---his hair will be cut in places (for infusions, etc) and he may smell a little strange (medicinal), and he will still be weak and probably sleep most of the time. I just want to prepare you a little for that.
I also hope you have a good plan in place w/the local vet or vet hospital. I think the doctors will help you to know for what you need to watch & when you may need to have him checked locally or bring him back. You will need to move very quickly at any notice of a set-back.
We are all pulling for you & little Albert, Lyndsy. SMers will do anything to help each other. Be assured of all our love and prayers.
And---yes, go & celebrate---we will be w/you in spirit!
Lyndsy this is such great advise.....esp weight & having your Vet ready for any issues STAT......hugs!!!!

Last edited by SammieMom; 12-08-2012 at 12:30 PM.
SammieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #248 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi kandis .. There willing to let him go home at 27 count ... They did originally say 40 but ... They think he is stable as long as I take him back in a weeks time to double check his bloods and apparently he is the first Maltese in that hospital with the blood disorder so they have documented his case and are going to keep it all as research apparently ... Well I will do my best not to Molly cuddle him I wonder what he will think when I walk through the door to get him xxx
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #249 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi sandi thank you for such great advice I am really scared at how he is going to look I know he won't be coming out the happy puppy he used to be in guessing walks .. Playing etc wont be happening for a wee while too ... Wondering if he will remember to go to puppy pads as he was so good at using them ...
My vet is ready and literally round the corner for handiness too .. They are getting read for his med orders apparently also ,.. I'm excited but scared too thanks sandi for the heads up and oh yes I will be running to the vets at any sign of weirdness xx
Old 12-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #250 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Michelle thanks so much for all your lovely support on this and of course il keep you al updated and post pics xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement