Please pray for our SM member Lynzodolly - Page 26 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #251 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Claire
Dog's Name: Ta-Jon's Blazin Hot Firecracker

Sandi, well said; I thought the same thing.
He's going to look pretty rough, skinny and weak. He needs quiet rest at home, sleep to allow his body to recover.
First sign of something wrong; he needs to see the vet.

Otherwise, this is great news that he is allowed to come home.

Malt Shoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #252 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Thank you Claire for the advice also .. Oh il be on here asking plenty of questions !! And for advice you have all been so great !! Xx
Lynzodolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #253 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

Just checking in on Albert...sounds like pretty good news.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #254 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

Lyndsy - I didn't get on SM until now (lazy weekend here) and was thrilled beyond belief at the good news about Albert. I know that you can't wait. Remember to take a list of questions with you and write down what you're told. It's so easy to forget what they say and get mixed up since you'll be emotional. Yes he will not be the same physically as when he left you but I'm praying that with meds and care he'll be back to the Albert you know and love. Also realize that when we're really sick - we feel dreadful for a while. No energy, uncomfortable, really not ourselves. So these little guys go through the same thing. There's a period where they need rest, food, drink, meds and love. I now he'll be getting it and at any signs of problems you'll get him to the vet. BTW, be sure to mention to the vet that you had trouble getting through to him this week -- and what if there is an emergency and you have to reach him. Maybe he'll give you his cell number or something.

I know this will be your best Christmas present ever.
So can you take three days off of work? I know that you said it's hard to get time off. Or is that where Laura comes in? What a sweetheart she seems to be. Do you live near each other?

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #255 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi Susan yes I can take time off work but my angel Laura will help too I think when I need a break I wish my pal janene was closer too to help with her fluffs .... Oh I'm so excited I cut my Xmas night out short I only went out for 3 hours as I don't wanna be hungover for Ma boy coming home ( mummy instinct kicking in) he he... Thanks Susan I hope you are well and your baby xx
Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #256 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Hi Sylvia yes better news he seems to be getting slowly better day by day ... So fingers crossed xx
Old 12-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #257 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Debbie

Lyndsy that is wonderful that Albert will be coming home tomorrow, i know how excited you are to have your baby boy back home with you, what a wonderful Christmas gift! Please give Albert a kiss for me.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #258 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Getting so excited for you! Do you have a small contained space so that the squirrley boy doesn't try to bounce about a bit? Keeping him still will be quite the challenge.

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #259 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzodolly View Post
Pam thanks so much !!! I know and the insurance is covering everything !!!! I'm so happy how's Leila doing ? Xx

Janene my best pal xx
That's wonderful that the insurance is covering everything!!!! One less thing to worry about. Leila is doing well, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #260 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Lyndsy,

Sandi gave you great advice and really helped..... It is a shock to see them after illness. So I'm glad she brought that up because it will be something you need to prepare for. You don't want to scare Albert when you see him by being overly upset.... So try to remember he won't look like the Albert you know right now but he is still Albert

For pee pads.... Do you have an xpen?

I'd really keep him quiet for awhile. And it may be a good idea to keep him in an xpen with pads for the first few days like when you brought him home so that he don't have to worry about trying ot make it there if he needs to. It may not be that he has forgotten but it will be a strength issue. So you want to set him up to regain his confidence

I know Kandis said if she could she wouldn't have spoiled her's as much after.... But let's all be honest here.... When our babies are hurt and sick we totally throw that out the window LOL It's why you didn't do it in the moment Kandis You love them so much!

I know Grace is a little *extra* spoiled because of all her health issues as a young puppy.....

Just love on him Love heals so much.... Get a sling and carry him around a bit... not all the time, but a little. Physical contact is very healing.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement