Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Please pray for our SM member Lynzodolly

12K views 274 replies 44 participants last post by  edelweiss 
#1 ·
and her little one Albert! I know she hasnt posted anything yet.....and I am feeling so bad and helpless on how to help her ! Please everyone just send her prayers and warm wishes :smcry:You know when I read articles and posts and hear things......... it really makes me wonder about life, why why why............. Lyndsay I am here for you! and so are the other members here! when you can you can explain what is going on! just right now you and Albert need all the prayers you can get!

#3 ·
Ok everyone Lyndsy is asking for advice and has asked me to post this! Please help....................

Hi Hun not good news I am on my way to a vets university hospital with Albert he's had bloods done and has suspected bone cancer . I might not be on here for a while , he is dying , he is going for a full blood transfusion and bone marrow tests , I'm glad I'm insured as this is going to cost around £4000 in bills if he makes it please say a prayer for us both . I will try come on here tonight and contact you with news but its not looking good :( I am so so upset xxx

#8 ·
um, he wasnt feeling good on the weekend. so she took him to the vet and got some medications and blood work, so she got the call today and had to take him 200 miles away from where she is located! and she has no one to help her go through this! she is alone............... I dont want her and Albert to go through this alone no one ever should!

#11 ·
if there is anyone in scotland that can travel to Ayer or call to talk to Lyndsy that would be great! As she is going through a really really tough tough time not only just with Albert!!!!!!!!! and I dont want her to be alone! I wish I could fly her here to Canada with Albert! :-( Thanks for everything Lisa! thank you! Thanks Deborah! it means alot to me!

#15 ·
Lyndsy my friend this is from the Royal pet form for you!
Hi Janene,

I am so sorry to hear about Albert. What a devastating diagnosis for Lynzodolly.

She's taking him to the best place possible for treatment. Hopefully, the blood transfusion and bone marrow testing will help. Unfortunately, if the cancer is not located in just one area -- one leg, for example -- this type of illness is hard to treat and beat back. They may offer her the options of chemotherapy or radiation.

Radiation in animals has the same effects as it does in humans -- hardening of tissue and burning. Chemotherapy, on the other hand, doesn't seem to affect them the same way it does us. They don't get nauseous, just get the overall tiredness.

I really hope little Albert is not in pain and Lynzodolly finds some answers.

Please let her know I'll be praying for her baby.

Cate RVT

Royal Pet Club

#24 ·
Hello everyone and my dear dear friend janene thank you .. Thank you .. I am waiting on news in around an hour .. From the Glasgow university for small pets .. He is currently having a full blood transfusion and his blood count should be 100 he could run on a minimum of 39 blood counts but he stands currently at just 6. His blood was like water when they took blood. This could be haemmorage from internal somewhere .. Bone cancer .. Or rat poisoning .. They have said rat poisoning is very unlikely .. He is not passing blood in faeces or urine .. So could be the cancer. I am luckily insured and it will cost round £4000 Gbpounds to treat if treatable. So I will update everyone in an hour or so and keep praying it's not cancer as the vet said the kindest thing would be to probably pt Albert to sleep :( thanks so much for your kind thoughts x x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.