Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Sweater's with D ring

759 views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Sylie 
#1 ·
My lil old gal Sasha really gets cold in the winter. Sometimes instead of a jacket I prefer to just put a sweater on but then I have to put a harness over that which can be a pain. Does anyone know where I can purchase sweaters with d rings?

#2 ·
Mane -- I've never seen a sweater with a D ring on it, but I would guess that you could easily sew D rings onto a sweater -- probably using ribbon. I have seen sweaters with openings near the shoulder blades so that you can put a harness underneath.

This is an intersting question as I'm sure there are others would like to have D rings on the sweaters themselves.

#3 ·
Sweaters with D rings can be a bad idea...... which is why you don't see them.

The material sweaters are made out of (usually yarn - a cotton or poly or wool base) stretch.

So even if it fits your dog nicely or over a large portion of their body, they can still get out of them. Grace easily gets out of her sweater if I just hold the collar (top of the neck) for her.... She can pop herself right out.

So I'd recommend a harness and a sweater with the hole for it.

If you want something with a D ring I'd look for a cozy flannel shirt. Flannel does not stretch, but it is warm.

#9 ·
I think for carrier use its fine. I don't really let Zoe walk much but do have her attached to her carrier also. I think for that its fine. Its difficult to find sweaters that have a D ring but I just recently had a tailor put one into a jacket so she could stay attached in her Kwigy Bo bag. :aktion033:

#14 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.