PetsMart photos - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci
Default PetsMart photos

Has anyone here had their fluffs picture taken with Santa at PetsMart??? I saw the ad for it and I called and was told it is $9.99. I don't mind paying, but has anyone had it done that can give me info on if it is a decent picture or not??
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Abby Harvey
Dog's Name: Daisy Grace, Zoey and Laci Jo
Default Photos

I don't have any experience with PetsMart photos, but I prefer to have my fluff babies pictures made with someone who donates part of the money to a shelter.
Daisy's Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

I went to Petco last year. They had a special - a free sitting so I did that and ordered one photo which wasn't crazy expensive, scanned it in and it's the photo in my siggie. The big problem is that they use a white background which really doesn't work well with out little white guys. But there was no other place to go other than a really expensive photographer and I was doing it last minute.

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

I was thinking of having Leila's made at PetSmart this weekend. I was there Sunday and they were doing them. Leila wasn't dressed for it at the time or I would've done it then. For only $10, I figured it would be worth a try and I can always have it made again somewhere else if I don't like it. There's always a real pretty Santa at one of our malls and I'm thinking of calling and see if I can have it made there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lisa
Dog's Name: London (12/20/07) & Preston (03/25/09)

I think it probably differs at each store. I loved how Tyler's photo came out last year in Sue's signature, even with the white background! I thought at my Petsmart locations the photos were with Santa...but maybe that is a separate thing. I have never seen a good quality Santa photo from Petsmart. One year they used a Polaroid camera! It was just a store associate taking the photos, not a professional photographer. With so many dogs and people around it would be hard to get a good photo I think. If the photo looks like the one of Tyler it is well worth the price. My dogs would just end up looking anxious or depressed in the photo from the busy environment. Haha

Last edited by LJSquishy; 12-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.
LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Our local JCPennies does "pet days" - a few each month.... Thinking of doing that next year.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
I went to Petco last year. They had a special - a free sitting so I did that and ordered one photo which wasn't crazy expensive, scanned it in and it's the photo in my siggie. The big problem is that they use a white background which really doesn't work well with out little white guys. But there was no other place to go other than a really expensive photographer and I was doing it last minute.
It's definitely a cute picture. But, I see what you mean about the white background. PetsMart has their "sample" as Santa holding the pup in front of a tree, so I can't imagine it would be difficult to see. Now, her actually sitting STILL, that's a whole different ball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's Mommie View Post
I don't have any experience with PetsMart photos, but I prefer to have my fluff babies pictures made with someone who donates part of the money to a shelter.
That's probably a good idea. I haven't heard of any of those. In fact, I just saw the ad on the PetSmart site or I never would have even thought to have her pictures done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
I was thinking of having Leila's made at PetSmart this weekend. I was there Sunday and they were doing them. Leila wasn't dressed for it at the time or I would've done it then. For only $10, I figured it would be worth a try and I can always have it made again somewhere else if I don't like it. There's always a real pretty Santa at one of our malls and I'm thinking of calling and see if I can have it made there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
I am actually getting her groomed Saturday morning and I am going to take her straight there. As clean as possible. Hopefully I like how they groom her or then I'll just cry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
I think it probably differs at each store. I loved how Tyler's photo came out last year in Sue's signature, even with the white background! I thought at my Petsmart locations the photos were with Santa...but maybe that is a separate thing. I have never seen a good quality Santa photo from Petsmart. One year they used a Polaroid camera! It was just a store associate taking the photos, not a professional photographer. With so many dogs and people around it would be hard to get a good photo I think. If the photo looks like the one of Tyler it is well worth the price. My dogs would just end up looking anxious or depressed in the photo from the busy environment. Haha
And that's what I am scared of...it looking crappy. But, it IS just $10. Now, if they bust out the polaroid, I'm running!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace'sMom View Post
Our local JCPennies does "pet days" - a few each month.... Thinking of doing that next year.
Hmmmm...I have never seen that. I may have to look into it!!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy's Mommie View Post
I just read the ad. It says that $5 from each sale will go to local adoption shelters.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: becky
Dog's Name: Bailey, Lucky
Send a message via Yahoo to bailey02

We did Petsmart last year and I was totally disappointed. Our santa looked drunk and the quality of the pics were not good. We tried Petco also and there pics are better but they do only use white back grounds so it kind of takes away from the picture. I found out a lot of malls in houston offer pet days with Santa so I am doing that this year.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

I've had good and bad photos with the PetSmart Santas. We usually do it because it supports a local shelter and sometimes we get lucky on the picture!
Advertisement