Fluffs Save Christmas - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Bobbi
Dog's Name: Sawyer, Sebastian & Skye
Default Fluffs Save Christmas

Do you have any Fluff Christmas Traditions? I really need some ideas.

My husband, aka Mr. Christmas, has lost his spirit this year...

It's the first time we will not host or attend any parties. It's the first time we'll be without our only child since she moved to NY. It's the first time my mother won't be part of our day because she died suddenly & unexpectedly a few weeks ago. It's the first time we will be ALL ALONE -- just he & I -- for the holidays.

Our house is usually decorated from top to bottom, inside & out. This year we do have a tree inside & a few lights in the back garden, but that's it. He & I are not giving each other gifts. Hubby says he doesn't have any desire to do anything else because, "What's the point? No-one is going to enjoy it anyway."

FORTUNATELY, last weekend his face lit up when he thought about our two Maltese. He said "Christmas was always about (our daughter) Haley. Now we can make it about our sons (the fluffs)."

So now that he's getting a bit more excited about it, HOW do I make his dreams come true? Do any of you have any special traditions you share with your fluffs or any types of presents or ways of wrapping gifts ('cause hubby says he wants to teach the boys to open presents...but I'll work on trying to convince him THAT's not such a good idea)? PLEASE SHARE YOUR STORIES, TIPS, SUGGESTIONS!

PS -- What presents will Santa be giving to YOUR furkids? I think it'd be awesome if SANTA were to stop by our house while hubby is sleeping & tuck tons of gifts under the tree for our boys. That would surely surprise (and, I hope delight) him.

We can sometimes resist temptation...but never mischief.

Sawyer & Sebastian at the Koi pond April 2012 (...after Sebastian got a LITTLE too close to the fish...)
Nervusrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I am sorry that the Christmas spirit is lacking at your house. I totally understand with your mother passing, and your daughter moving, it's just not the same. Could you take your fluffs on a visit to a retirement home or an assisted living facility? I'll bet the residents would love it, and it would make you and hubby feel good to see happiness in the residents eyes! Special treats, and toys are what my fluffs like!! The clothes and beds I buy because I like them, the fluffs could care less!!! Anyhow Merry Christmas to you and hubby!!!!

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

I think we all get that way,usually I'm the decorating nut and even I've lost that spirit. Al isn't much for decorating for the holidays...since it's just us and fluffs. But we open prezzies on Xmas day, the fluffs do, and we grill some steak,so you know the fluffs will get excited about that.. We're not too traditional..

I think holidays have changed for many, we don't get as excited any more, too much bad stuff on the news, family dynamics are changing...many friends and family moving away, or dying... Many of us are empty nesters...

I guess we have to start new traditions and feather the empty nests with fluffs...try to look at the holidays as a day to kick back, eat too much and rest and do nothing, wear your fuzzy pj's kind of day...

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Aww in sorry to hear about your mum .. I'm without mine too , it's hard .. , aww your two babies are cheeky Chappys !!... Well it's my Alberts first Christmas and he's getting something nice to eat on Christmas Eve before his bed time , I'm hoping to get him something nice to go sleepies in ... And to wake up in ... , splash out and buy lots of treats , new bowls , new bed perhaps and toys and clothes ! Perhaps go to midnight mass ? I know some friends who take their little Pomeranian to there local church .. On Xmas eve .. Then go home and get all cosy for the next day. !! And be up early for them to get opening !!! He he xx
Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbabies mom View Post
I am sorry that the Christmas spirit is lacking at your house. I totally understand with your mother passing, and your daughter moving, it's just not the same. Could you take your fluffs on a visit to a retirement home or an assisted living facility? I'll bet the residents would love it, and it would make you and hubby feel good to see happiness in the residents eyes! Special treats, and toys are what my fluffs like!! The clothes and beds I buy because I like them, the fluffs could care less!!! Anyhow Merry Christmas to you and hubby!!!!
I forgot about that, we take our fluffs to the nursing home on Xmas eve to see my mom, the residents love it...

Funny but I look back at when we used to get dressed up a little, go to a relatives house, schlep in all the gifts, eat too much, visit,open prezzies, eat more, schlep more prezzies out to the car, then drive home. We couldn't wait to get home , be with the fluffs and put on fuzzy jp's and kick back.

Now we just eliminate all that and stay home... We enjoy watching the fluffs tear into the prezzies and play...
I know we need a "bah hum bug" emoticon....

Last edited by michellerobison; 12-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Michelle that sounds like my day from heaven !! Watching rubbish on tv all day , playing with Albert and eating till my belly goes pop !!! He he esp with the pjs on all day x
Old 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynzodolly View Post
Michelle that sounds like my day from heaven !! Watching rubbish on tv all day , playing with Albert and eating till my belly goes pop !!! He he esp with the pjs on all day x
It's the only way to enjoy X mas!
We used to have cook outs, once people taste Al's steaks... he was on the hook for the holidays for grilling.. But mom can't get out of the nursing home, father has moved on to new "boys" in his life so he doesn't come over... Al's folks go out west for winter, so unless Al's son comes home,it' s just us and that's fine. Jason is coming home this year,but sadly I buried the tree in the back of our car trailer so Al won't be digging it out this year....,so no tree...
His fault, he "grinched" last year and didn't want to put it up,so I put it in the trailer to make room in the building...funny, he wanted to put it up this year... guess we'll have to buy a small one?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

He he he your gonna have to get a new one ! What a shame .. I'm just trying to imagine a great big tree in a trailer !.., oh and steaks for Christmas sounds yum !! X
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Maggie
Dog's Name: Sweetness and Tessa

We do jammies and movies on Christmas Day because the family gathering is Christmas Eve. I put pressies in the fluffs' stockings and we open them and play with their new toys too. it's very low key and relaxing!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Maggie that sounds great I might just do that myself it defo won't be a big Xmas just a small one ..x