Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

Need help finding something!

3K views 53 replies 25 participants last post by  Furbabies mom 
#1 ·
Dewey is still in the x pen at times that I'm busy and his bed is in it with a bully stick or something to chew on. I have three beds with the detachable pillow that can be washed and the main part of the bed is washable also. He will not leave the pillow in it .He'll sleep on the bed with out the pillow, it!s hard like he's on the floor. I bought beds all one piece, I thought this will work.... Nope! He turns it over, and today I caught him just having a ball pulling the stuffing out(I don't know how he bit it and got to the batting??? I need an indestructible bed for him. Any suggestions! Oh if I just put a pillow in his bed, he lays beside it, not on it!

#2 ·
today I caught him just having a ball pulling the stuffing out(I don't know how he bit it and got to the batting??? I need an indestructible bed for him. Any suggestions!
If you find an indestructible bed, let me know. Bella has already ruined three beds by pulling the stuffing out. It's funny that she always has this proud look on her face that seems to say "mom, look at what I did":HistericalSmiley:

#4 ·
Deb,

I'd recommend just buying him cheap beds for now.... I think no matter what you get he will take the challenge LOL He will outgrow the destructo-pup phase :) Then you can get him another nicer bed....

Until then... cheap beds and maybe restuff and do a quick hand stitch until the bed becomes unusable.....

#7 ·
#12 ·
I sat here laughing out loud to myself at Dewey and his bed/blankets. His personality reminds me so much of Pipper. I wasn't able to give Pipper a bed until about a month ago. I had blankets in his crate but there was just one certain kind that he wouldn't rip apart. I still can't give him stuffed toys.

#16 ·
:goodpost: A towel is what I use when I travel for Liesl in her little pen.:innocent:

#18 ·
It may not get better. Spookie is 3 and looooves to de stuff pillows. A friend made her a pillow from an old blanket, it does have something in it. It's mushy, and still stuffed. She plays with it, digs in it.

#21 ·
Deb-I've been through the puppy- bed phase with Sammie. He liked to sleep on carpet or floor or a crate liner. So thats what I gave him. His soft comfy bed was there too-never used. Let's face they used to sleep on grass. We gave them beds. I would give little Dewey a 10.00 crate liner and he can't do anything but hump it if he rolls it up.
BTW---Sammie loves his soft comfy beds now :thumbsup: but I still find him laying on the floor. Penny likes a bed, fluffier the better wub: I think some of them like the cooler/firmer surfaces.
Your Dewey is so precious!!

#30 ·
An Indestructable Bed!!

Dewey is still in the x pen at times that I'm busy and his bed is in it with a bully stick or something to chew on. I have three beds with the detachable pillow that can be washed and the main part of the bed is washable also. He will not leave the pillow in it .He'll sleep on the bed with out the pillow, it!s hard like he's on the floor. I bought beds all one piece, I thought this will work.... Nope! He turns it over, and today I caught him just having a ball pulling the stuffing out(I don't know how he bit it and got to the batting??? I need an indestructible bed for him. Any suggestions! Oh if I just put a pillow in his bed, he lays beside it, not on it!

I too, had the problem of my fluff babies pulling the stuffing out of their beds. I would leave for a couple of hours and would come home to what looked like it had snowed in my living room!! It gotten to the point that I refused to buy beds again and the babies were sleeping in the recliners. I was in Wal-Mart in the baby dept about this time last year and they had a child sized cot for taking to pre-school or grand ma's. It is about 4 inches off the floor and big enough for all 3 of my fur angels and at least 3 or 4 fur kitties!. It came with a washable fitted sheet and the cot is made of canvas so it can be easily cleaned. They all love it and no more "snow" in the living room!! The best $24.00 I ever spent!!

#31 ·
I too, had the problem of my fluff babies pulling the stuffing out of their beds. I would leave for a couple of hours and would come home to what looked like it had snowed in my living room!! It gotten to the point that I refused to buy beds again and the babies were sleeping in the recliners. I was in Wal-Mart in the baby dept about this time last year and they had a child sized cot for taking to pre-school or grand ma's. It is about 4 inches off the floor and big enough for all 3 of my fur angels and at least 3 or 4 fur kitties!. It came with a washable fitted sheet and the cot is made of canvas so it can be easily cleaned. They all love it and no more "snow" in the living room!! The best $24.00 I ever spent!!
Are the legs wood or metal? If wood... They'd be gone! He is used to Bitter apple, it wears off too fast.

#36 · (Edited)
That DEWEY! LOL!

Debbie, I have the Molly Mutt (the gray one with fire hydrants) and also one made by Celeta through her shop ABK Couture (she had a few that she made to donate proceeds to rescue). Obi and I love them both!!! I think it is a great option for Dewey!

These types of beds can be stuffed as much or as little as you want! One of them, I stuffed with old shirts- it's so stuffed that has a firmer texture. The other one I put two pillows so it's more soft. I think it depends on the dog's mood- Obi will often just lay on the ground too next to the bed!

This is an older pic, but you can tell Obi likes his beds ;)

#39 ·
Hi Deb,
Mia sleeps on double sides fleece blankies. We buy the fabric from the fabric store and make the ones you tie together. She has one in the kitchen on top of a rug, one on the den floor and a one in her kennel on top of a towel. She loves them. :) However, sometimes I think her own fluffy hair makes her warm because she will just lay on our microfiber furniture or the carpet or even the wood floor. Finicky little creatures!

#40 ·
If you want to know what works perfectly and is soft yet has no filling to pull out get what I have for Tyler. He LOVES it to death. It's a little white oval cat bed. Cheap as can be...sometimes $5-$12 at PetCo or probably pet smart. It's so comfy for him and there's nothing to attack for the Dew-or die-ster.
Oh, here it is. $4.99 :chili::chili: and indestructible with no stuffing. Petco Ultra Soft Oval Donut Cat Bed in Blue at PETCO
Oh and we won't tell anyone it's a CAT bed.!!!

#46 ·
If you want to know what works perfectly and is soft yet has no filling to pull out get what I have for Tyler. He LOVES it to death. It's a little white oval cat bed. Cheap as can be...sometimes $5-$12 at PetCo or probably pet smart. It's so comfy for him and there's nothing to attack for the Dew-or die-ster.
Oh, here it is. $4.99 :chili::chili: and indestructible with no stuffing. Petco Ultra Soft Oval Donut Cat Bed in Blue at PETCO
Oh and we won't tell anyone it's a CAT bed.!!!
I got a low profile cat bed in creme color from Big Lots for $7. for Gimme to lay in on the loveseat next to me. It matches the slipcover and she really liked it; works great as an o the furniture bed for them. Blaze now uses it on the loveseat next to me too.

#41 ·
The dew-mister is really something!:HistericalSmiley:....I was going to ask if it was just me...or do these little guys LOVE to chew :blink: so far the new bed is still together...but my shag area rug.....:unsure: that is another story. Pain in the butt to vacume anyways :blink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.