question about reserving puppy and changing mind!! - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Candice
Dog's Name: Einstein, aka Ein and Ami
Default question about reserving puppy and changing mind!!

Hmmmmm... I placed deposit to 'hold' a puppy with a breeder, and it's been about a week. The puppy is about 8 weeks old, so its still very young. The question is, is it acceptable for me to ask the breeder to ask about her other puppies than the one I reserved? I didn't see that she had other puppies as she only sent me one photo of the puppy when I asked her about availability. but I saw that she has few others. Does anyone have had experiences dealing with breeder, reserved a puppy, but backed out, or ended up picking a different puppy??

I feel like I am *cheating* but would this be acceptable gesture without being rude?
Curious_Ein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

You could ask. Maybe the others were already reserved. Maybe they are the opposite sex. Why have you changed your mind? Based on looks?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

hi~
yes! little embarrassed to admit it though. Just that I wonder if it is normal that they don't send you all the photos of available puppies? I've only saw one photo(and thought that it was beautiful), but then i saw that she had another one available as well, and loved that one even more! It is the opposite sex, the one I am asking about now is a boy....
Old 12-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Stacy
Dog's Name: Lucy, Lois, Cookie and Steve
Send a message via Yahoo to bellaratamaltese

Honestly, it should not be a problem to 'change your mind' about a puppy. I personally would never put a deposit down on a puppy at 8 weeks just because it's hard to assess temperament that early, so you'd be taking a gamble.

It's part of being a breeder - having buyers change their mind and I can respect that. It's a big decision. Since they are so young now, it's not as big of a 'deal' as when a puppy is 12 weeks and older and a breeder turns away prospective buyers because they thought the puppy was 'sold' and then the buyer turns around and changes their minds. That can be a bit frustrating BUT it's part of being a breeder.

If the breeder has an issue with you asking about other puppies available, well, you can make your own conclusion :P

bellaratamaltese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

yeah... I don't mind the fact that I still end up with the puppy that I picked.... they are both very beautiful. lol I would be lucky to have any puppy from this breeder though. but being the human that I am, I always think the grass is always greener. But I swear, the puppy that I've reserved, is what I call, a kitten face! Has anyone seen Maltese with cat-like faces?? its very interesting and pretty awesome!!(cuz I also have a tuxedo cat too!)
Old 12-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Lyndsy
Dog's Name: Albert

Awe looking forward to seeing your new baby xx