Update on Chloe (Maltese I adopted) - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kandace
Dog's Name: Halo
Default Update on Chloe (Maltese I adopted)

This has been a very interesting 2 months. Well as most of you know, I adopted a maltese from a shelter and experienced problems with my current malt. I ended up having to return her back to the shelter but I didn't tell you everything that had happened during the time of her adoption. When I went to see her the first time the manager was there to show me her. The manager had fallen in love with her and was actually taking her home every night and she was adjusted to her home as well as her older dog. So when I took Chloe back to the shelter the manager ended up fostering her for a human society. I cried letting her go and she cried tears of joy to see her come back. I emailed them everyday asking about her and the manager said she as the staff saw Chloe react the same way to hyper, young dogs and knew that she couldn't be placed with families that have those types of dogs already living within the home. Well I have been praying that she adopt her everyday because she and her family had fallen in love with her (she was sleeping between her and her husband every night). I got an email a week before Christmas that she ADOPTED her!!!! She is doing well. I am sending a giant package to her house with goodies for both fur babies.

I believe if I had not adopted her then she would not be living with this family now. Things happen for a reason.

But on another note....Halo has been acting "different" since she came into my house. He was happy go lucky and friendly to everyone and every small dog. Now I am noticing he is snappy to other dogs since everything. I think I am going to expose him to more dogs and see if I can recondition him.

HalosMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Walter
Dog's Name: Lucky

I am so glad Chloe found a home.
wkomorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Me too. I realized she would have been a perfect dog for me if I didn't have Halo. She couldn't see very well and her hearing was going so whenever he moved around her fast she would snap. With the older dogs she was just fine. Her owner has a 11 year old dog and they bonded from the first day and her owner also takes her to work at the shelter everyday so she is never left alone. I am happy for the little angel.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Courtney
Dog's Name: Ozzie (& Lisa @ the bridge)

Oh I am so happy to hear this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

CorkieYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Susan
Dog's Name: Tyler

A very happy ending and yes, I believe things happen for a reason. I think it would be good for you to work on socializing Halo more. Any Maltese meet ups near you or SM members? Or maybe a nice class he can be in with other small dogs?

Snowbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbody View Post
A very happy ending and yes, I believe things happen for a reason. I think it would be good for you to work on socializing Halo more. Any Maltese meet ups near you or SM members? Or maybe a nice class he can be in with other small dogs?
There are no maltese meet up groups in my area. I am thinking about obedience training this summer when I am free for 3 months.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Bridget
Dog's Name: Lady Bella (and Katie & Lucky at The Bridge)

Hi Kandace, I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Chloe staying with you, but it sounds like it was all part of Gods master plan . I'm thrilled that she is so happy with her adoptive family and I bet they love her so much. They are going to be so excited to get all of those wonderful presents from you! BTW, we just live in Midlothian, so if you ever want to try letting Halo and Bella play...just let me know. Maybe we could meet at Stony Point Fashion Park Mall (pet friendly) and let them walk around together. This way they'd be leashed and active, but no "forced" free play .

"A weed is just a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered."

Last edited by Summergirl73; 12-27-2012 at 06:18 AM.
Summergirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barbie
Dog's Name: Zoe (Kyra my Angel in Heaven)

So happy Chloe found her forever home. I think more socialization will help Halo with time and patience. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summergirl73 View Post
Hi Kandace, I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with Chloe staying with you, but it sounds like it was all part of Gods master plan . I'm thrilled that she is so happy with her adoptive family and I bet they love her so much. They are going to be so excited to get all of those wonderful presents from you! BTW, we just live in Midlothian, so if you ever want to try letting Halo and Bella play...just let me know. Maybe we could meet at Stony Point Fashion Park Mall (pet friendly) and let them walk around together. This way they'd be leashed and active, but no "forced" free play .
That sounds great. Halo went Christmas shopping there with his little shoes on and didn't have any issues and he met many little dogs there. Well there were 2 snappy maltese in a stroller that Halo looked at like they were crazy. How big is Bella?

Old 12-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe's Mom88 View Post
So happy Chloe found her forever home. I think more socialization will help Halo with time and patience. Good luck and keep us posted.

I am going to socialize more. I am just looking for some desensitized dogs because anxiety from another dog will not make it better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement