Dognappings up 70% - Page 3 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Jerry
Dog's Name: Louie

I can't even read stories like that, just knowing how it ended was enough info to upset me. There are a few things I do here. First Louie is never out of my sight when I am home. Second I have trophies from my martial arts fighting days in clear view of anyone that comes to the door. People see them and me and that almost always gets them asking questions which I have no problem answering. I also always leave at least one TV on when I am gone with the volume up loud enough to hear outside the door which gives the illusion of someone being home. I combine that with some of the multiple setting timers on lights in the house so about every 10 minutes a light goes on or off somewhere in the house. During summer months neighbors have seen me outside breaking boards, working out with punching/kicking bags, swords, staffs and other intimidating weapons. So I have a reputation around here as the nice crazy guy. Even halfway down the street people I had not yet met have said things like "hey, are you the guy that breaks boards with your hands?"

Then add in motion detecting lights in the front and back yards, a security system sign and its enough to give most people second thoughts about doing anything stupid around here.

At the Bridge...
Smokey my Shepard/Husky mix
Brutus and Trooper, Doberman's
Tera, Great Dane
Ralph, Mixed assortment of furry beasts
Gremlin, Husky
Peanut, Dachshund
Slick and Mr. Foo, cat brothers
Chubby my big fat gray cat with tighty whitey's
Skinny butt, mixed breed female cat
rag-a-muffin, wild haired mixed breed cat
Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

We had a Yorkie taken by a hawk a few months ago here in town. The owner kept her outside all the time. The husband didn't want dogs in the house. She could only watch as this huge hawk swooped down and she was gone in a heartbeat. Scary!!!

I walked into Wal-Mart last Sunday morning and there was a little brown poodle chained up outside waiting for his owner. I thought WTH is wrong with these people.
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: sandi
Dog's Name: Kitzel & Liesl

I have to admit to not reading this story. . . I don't have my head in the sand but I carry stuff too closely if it is sad & can't sleep.
I did read all the stuff Rocks does & I can't do any of that---but I can scream really loudly & I do have a stun gun! I am not sure if it is legal here or not, but I will continue to carry it as needed. I have a friend here who killed someone w/a base ball bat who tried to break into her home---so a stun gun seems harmless in comparison.
part of their soul remains unawakened."
"Wag more Bark less"
edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Laura
Dog's Name: Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwyant1946 View Post
We had a Yorkie taken by a hawk a few months ago here in town. The owner kept her outside all the time. The husband didn't want dogs in the house. She could only watch as this huge hawk swooped down and she was gone in a heartbeat. Scary!!!

I walked into Wal-Mart last Sunday morning and there was a little brown poodle chained up outside waiting for his owner. I thought WTH is wrong with these people.
That's so sad My little boy wouldn't be put outside for nobody.

Sammy
lols82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Nancy Wyant
Dog's Name: Mia
Heart

I'm married to "Mr. no dogs in the house" and now I wake up at 2am this morning with this same guy talking baby talk to Mia. "How come you are so cute?? Mia is such a good little girl"...you get the picture...LOL I love that man!!!!!
nwyant1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Yeah Al grew up in a "no dogs in the house" family but he didnt' stay that way,once he saw Max's big brown eyes!
Al's folks didnt' stay that way after we let Amy stay there, 1st night, she slept in her carrier, next night and following week she slept in the bed and had a new squeaky named George!

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement