Jaraden La Petit Mon Ami - Page 2 - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Anna
Dog's Name: Gucci

[/QUOTE] Anna, are there any stores nearby you that carries the bag? Have you looked into the large Alexa bag by Kwigy-Bo? Kwigy-Bo Dog Carrier Brown Alexa - Designer Pet Carriers Alexa Dog Bag. I was considering this bag too when I was researching. I think Sue, Snowbody, uses this one.[/QUOTE]

I was looking at the Kwigy-bo, but they don't have it available ANYWHERE I can find. Apparently production has stopped until they find someone to take over the business. I am trying to find the black one which is my issue.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

the Alexa in black is in stock here:
http://www.tailsinthecity.com/Alexa_Bag_p/850000139.htm

this is the Alex in black with white straps.
Kwigy-Bo Alex Carrier - Black & White - Shop By Designer - Kwigy-Bo - Carriers Posh Puppy Boutique

this place may carry it soon (it says 2013); maybe you can call and see when they will get it?
LOVE KWIGY BO Dog Purse! Alexa Black Chanel-like pet carrier bag!

Last edited by hoaloha; 01-01-2013 at 12:57 PM.
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Well, the tailsinthecity are showing unavailable.
The one with the white straps is $180 for some reason. That's more than the Jaradan bag.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by The A Team View Post

Archie at 10 lbs - is a bit too big!!!!
Attachment 106181

ahem.....Abbey is really loving this carrier.....a little too much!
Attachment 106182

Archie reminds me of Gus.... When I got Grace's bag he insisted on trying to fit... He is twice Archie's size....and totally flattened the bag!

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaylla
Dog's Name: Khloee

What a great thread! I've been going back and forth between the Jaraden Petite Mon Ami in black and the Kwigy Bo Luxe Alex carrier for a while now. But I think, key work think lol, I finally made up my mind and am going with the Jaraden. The extra storage compartment for my ipad, the optional cross shoulder sling, and the cooling pad got me. Especially in AZ, that cooling pad can't hurt. Plus the discrete poopy bag slot is pretty nifty!

Pat, thanks so much for all the pictures! Its was so helpful in gauging sizes, not to mention your babies are SOOOO adorable! I was wondering, do you have a pic of you or someone carrying the Jaraden? I'm trying to gauge the size on me haha! I'll be the first to admit I'm that girl that carries big purses...I always feel ridiculous with smaller bags :/
Gongjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Janine
Dog's Name: Charlie & Alex at Rainbow Bridge
Send a message via MSN to MalteseJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianna82 View Post
I am interested in the Jaraden La Petit Mon Ami carrier. I really like it and was wondering if anyone else has it and if they have an opinion on it.
Since Gucci is still growing, I want to know what the MAX weight you guys would consider for the bag. I assume she'll be about 6.5, but I want to know there is some leeway.
I don't want to have her crammed in there either. The bag I have now is so roomy and it seems like all these other bags are so cramped.
Opinions anyone??
I cannot say anything against the carrier since I don't own one. But what makes me mad is stores labeling things in french jargon just as a marketing tool because they think it's going to sell better. If you want to label something in French, learn the language and do it correctly.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
I cannot say anything against the carrier since I don't own one. But what makes me mad is stores labeling things in french jargon just as a marketing tool because they think it's going to sell better. If you want to label something in French, learn the language and do it correctly.
Hahaha! Yes- marketing is key to everything that sells. By the way, the bag is actually spelled "Le Petit Mon Ami." I think it was just a typo in the subject line. Doesn't make it less of a marketing ploy since the company is from the US, but they make great bags so I can't complain!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Tori
Dog's Name: Grace -maltipoo, Gus - poodle mix

These are all lovely carriers

I personally love the Jaraden SoHo bag.... ugh, what I wouldn't do for that bag! LOL

But... the problem with most of these nice carriers is that I live in sweat pants or, like right now - fleece pajama pants (nerve pain) so carrying something that looks so glamorous just looks really strange LOL

But I wish you luck in your choice.... Make sure to read well if you buy it online, many sites will not accept returns on pet carriers.

Grace (Dec. 4, 2011) & Gus (Dec.15, 2009)

my lyme journey blog: faith, water, & yoga

my lyme video (updated link):
Tick,tick,tick... Time to see Lyme
Grace'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Beatriz
Dog's Name: Dominic, Benjamin (Bellarata's Bark Knight Rises by Design) & Elena (Ch Bellarata's Prophecy Girl)

This bag looks so beautiful and rich! I wish I could carry a bag like that but I'm 5" tall (I should say short not tall) and it doesn't look right plus the weight... I found the "Pet Flys Puppy Sling Pouch" perfect for me and Dominic. I have the green one and it looks so good. He likes that he stays cozy and close to me and if we are on a busy place I can have my arms around him over the sling. Plus the cross body style leaves both of my hands free.
Dominic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Sadly, I think I am gonna wait a little while longer to see exactly how big Gucci gets. I'd hate to spend $200 on a bag to have her too big to fit into in 6 months.
I DO, however, need to try to find something that is going to work for the flight I have to take. These size restrictions are ridiculous. I'm paying more for HER than I am for my own ticket, yet I have to stuff her under a seat that is 8" high. GRRRR!!!
I found some on Ebay, but I'm scared that they will be crappy. I guess I want CUTE and functional for this trip and I don't see that happening.
Advertisement