Things you never thought you would do for a dog - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kandace
Dog's Name: Halo
Default Things you never thought you would do for a dog

I am currently on the floor playing with kibble....now before I continue this tale of how Kandace ended up playing with kiddie on the floor let me give some background information.

So today I went to Halo's groomer and picked up some "Fromm". Halo was on Blue and I had read negative things so I contacted the Fromm company about obtaining a coupon to try their product. Well anyway I picked up their chicken a la veg an took it home. Halo stiffed it and walked away...

Now this is when I got in the floor. So I got face down on the floor and got pieces of kibble and threw it in his direction an then chased him on all fours like I was going to come get it. He put it in his mouth and ran...then I heard crunch crunch crunch. VICTORY!!!! I have rug burn on my knees from chasing him on all fours but now I am tossing him kibble and he is eating.

Are there any things you would not have imagined yourself doing for your babies?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

HalosMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Glenda
Dog's Name: Madison, Axel and Paxton
Send a message via AIM to Madison's Mom

I have to admit I spoon feed mine.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
TLR
Maltese Guru

Name: Tracey
Dog's Name: Ben

I have always had a hard time getting Ben to eat. He would eat for a few days and then nothing unless it was a different flavor. I have wasted so much money on food that he wouldn't touch until last week when I started him on Stella and Chewy's frozen raw. What a difference In Just one week. He jumps up and down and twirls all around at feeding time. I can't believe how excited he is to eat now.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

Yay for Halo trying his new food! I've done several things for Leila I've never done for any pet I've ever had. I've made her some clothes and hairbows and ordered things online for her. Those are just some of the things I've done specifically for her.

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Barb
Dog's Name: Spookie

S&C worked well for us too. I never thought I'd pay that much $$ for dog food. She sure loved it. But it really was expensive for me, so I started to mix it with her kibble. Then Kris came, no more Ms Picky Paws at din din. Plus no more poo stuck to her butt.

Something else I never thought I'd do was to buy conditioner for her coat. I don't use the stuff on me! She's better looking than me, and oh so worth it!

Think before you pink
Do you know how the money is spent?
spookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Deborah
Dog's Name: Laurel (maltese), Dewey, Violet and Hardy and Dewey

I took Violet to Pet People yesterday. I combed her hair, put a pink sparkly bow in her hair, and readjusted a different harness to fit her and march the bow. Off we went, and I never even looked in the mirror to see how I looked!! LOL

Furbabies mom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisa
Dog's Name: Obi (Bellarata's You Better Believe It) & Owen (Aria Maltese)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalosMommy View Post
I am currently on the floor playing with kibble....now before I continue this tale of how Kandace ended up playing with kiddie on the floor let me give some background information.

So today I went to Halo's groomer and picked up some "Fromm". Halo was on Blue and I had read negative things so I contacted the Fromm company about obtaining a coupon to try their product. Well anyway I picked up their chicken a la veg an took it home. Halo stiffed it and walked away...

Now this is when I got in the floor. So I got face down on the floor and got pieces of kibble and threw it in his direction an then chased him on all fours like I was going to come get it. He put it in his mouth and ran...then I heard crunch crunch crunch. VICTORY!!!! I have rug burn on my knees from chasing him on all fours but now I am tossing him kibble and he is eating.

Are there any things you would not have imagined yourself doing for your babies?

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
hahah... Obi loves it when I throw his kibble across the room so he can "attack" it. Maybe its the innate drive to catch things! LOL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison's Mom View Post
I have to admit I spoon feed mine.
OMG! I was laughing and THEN realized that I feed Obi his Kefir via a spoon! I'm almost there.... LOL!

I never thought I'd be one to groom my own dog, but now I can't imagine it any other way!
hoaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

I cut back on my mani pedis so Bella can go to the groomer every other week. Lol. You have to understand, my mani pedi time is the only sanity in my crazy work life. It was like giving up therapy time. But Bella is the best therapy in the world and I love picking her up from the groomer and seeing how happy she is and how good she feels looking so pretty!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Michelle Robison
Dog's Name: Amber, Emily,Lil Bit, Rylee, Sasha and a cat named Harry

Never thought I'd kiss a dog or put clothes on a dog,but one look at those cute little faces and that all changed. Hubby never thought he'd had a dog in the house, now neither of us can sleep without them!
We're "P whipped" that's puppy whipped!

Mommy my bows are too tight...
When bad grooming happens to good Malts...

Jewellery, Doggie Goodies, Handmade tiles,cool flying pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/michellerobison

Vote for Southern Comfort Maltese Rescue , Chattanooga, TN

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...hallenge.faces
michellerobison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Sylvia
Dog's Name: MiMi, Ray and RuRu

um, I never thought I would let my dog lick my ice cream cone and then continue to lick it. But now, I never give it a second thought. I worry more about my my babies getting "germs" from me than I think about getting "germs" from them.
Advertisement