Getting depressed - Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums

SpoiledMaltese.com is the premier Maltese Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Spoiledmaltese is a resource and forum for information and help with your Maltese. We do not support or endorse the selling of animals on this site.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaylla
Dog's Name: Khloee
Unhappy Getting depressed

Hi Everyone,

*Disclaimer, this is going to sound like a "woe is me" sob story, but I have connected with alot of you already (THANK YOU!) and feel that if anyone would understand, some of my SM friends would.

I'm a little embarrassed to write this, as it makes me feel like a horrible momma to my fur baby . As you know Khloee is my little girl, and OMG I love her SO much, she is literally my everything! I would do anything for her, anything!

But lately I wonder if Khloee loves me, or even likes me?! I know this sounds SO SO SO silly and childish, but honestly I'm starting to freak out that my little girl hates me! She doesn't want to cuddle. Ever. If I hold her, she wriggles to get out, if we are on the couch, she wants to be at the opposite end, and during the day she will find a spot far away from me to nap. The worst part is when I have company over, or am visiting family, Khloee LOVES everyone! She cant give enough kisses and love. And while I love watching her be so happy, I would be lying if I said I dont feel a ping of jealousy that my girl seems to love everyone but me

Now I will day that in the mornings she is always so happy and will wag her tail and give kisses, but I think that has more to do with that she's been sleeping in her crate, and now has a ton of energy Also, Khloee always follows me and wants to see where I am at all times; if someone is holding her she will crane her head to see where I am. But that is about as far as her affection goes.

I'm so envious of all my SM friends fur babies that are so affectionate. Am I doing something wrong? I give Khloee loads of love and attention, but am getting frustrated and saddened.

Anywho, I'm really sorry for the long post. I just needed to get this off my chest. My friends and family think I am crazy, but I can't shake the feeling.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!
Gongjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Pam
Dog's Name: Leila

How old is she? Leila is almost 6 months and rarely will just lay with me. She just wants to play most of the time when I try to get her to. But I think your little girl really does love you because she follows you and looks for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

Leila'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Shelly
Dog's Name: Rocky Muffin and Prince Tucker Bean

Haha, I laugh because, I so feel the same way!

Tucker is still a puppy so, he is still full steam ahead, our cuddle moments are few and far between. Rocky was our first malt, major cuddle bug, but we got a second one, mostly because I am not good with sharing and I want a dog that is MY dog. I want it to love me, cuddle with me, follow me everywhere.

Rocky still cuddles with me when his daddy is not home. I get jealous when DH tries to wrestle with Tucker, first, it irritates me because he gets rough with the fluffs and Tucker gets aggressive with him. (Don't worry no one gets hurt, I just dislike the sound of the snarling and I don't like the habits it creates. Then DH wonders why they boys don't listen to him as well as they listen to me.) I don't like it-second it irritates me because Tucker's attention is on him.. and not me... When DH really wants to pick on me, he'll pick Tucker up and start snuggling him.

It drives me nuts. We sort of do it playfully, but no really, it ticks me off. I want my dog, my one dog, for me.

I do have to say, Tuck is a moma's boy, while he doesn't cuddle like I would love him to, he does stay warry of strangers and keep close to me.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Marisol
Dog's Name: Kelly, Kimmy & Khloe

Maybe it's because she sees you everyday all the time! And when she sees someone new she just gets excited? But your her mommy; I'm sure deep inside she loves you most!

Fluffdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila'sMommy View Post
How old is she? Leila is almost 6 months and rarely will just lay with me. She just wants to play most of the time when I try to get her to. But I think your little girl really does love you because she follows you and looks for you.

Khloee just turned 14 weeks today. Maybe she will out grow it? She does like to play, and train...although I'm pretty sure the treats that come with training help haha!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Kaitlin
Dog's Name: Sadie

Don't worry she definitely loves you!!! My family has a Westie and she has never been overly affectionate or cuddly. I think some babies are just more affectionate than others. Sadie will snuggle up with me only when she feels like it lol! She's a diva. Usually she will snuggle for a while and then gets up and finds a spot far away like you described Khloee doing.

They're funny dogs huh? So independent!

Khloee definitely loves her mommy, don't fret :-)

kaeco510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbeme View Post
Haha, I laugh because, I so feel the same way!

Tucker is still a puppy so, he is still full steam ahead, our cuddle moments are few and far between. Rocky was our first malt, major cuddle bug, but we got a second one, mostly because I am not good with sharing and I want a dog that is MY dog. I want it to love me, cuddle with me, follow me everywhere.

Rocky still cuddles with me when his daddy is not home. I get jealous when DH tries to wrestle with Tucker, first, it irritates me because he gets rough with the fluffs and Tucker gets aggressive with him. (Don't worry no one gets hurt, I just dislike the sound of the snarling and I don't like the habits it creates. Then DH wonders why they boys don't listen to him as well as they listen to me.) I don't like it-second it irritates me because Tucker's attention is on him.. and not me... When DH really wants to pick on me, he'll pick Tucker up and start snuggling him.

It drives me nuts. We sort of do it playfully, but no really, it ticks me off. I want my dog, my one dog, for me.

I do have to say, Tuck is a moma's boy, while he doesn't cuddle like I would love him to, he does stay warry of strangers and keep close to me.
Shelly, thank you! You really made me laugh with this reply because like you said, I feel the same way! I always wanted a dog that was devoted to me and only me. Loyal to the end, and 2 peas in a pod. We are talking Lassie daydreams! Whenever my Mom especially picks Khloee up I get so jealous and grumpy; Khloee acts like she has been stranded in the desert for years and just found an oasis.

I'm not sure if it would constitute as a Momma's girl, but Khloee will hide in my hair when she is scared (like toady, 2 schnauzers were barking a storm when they saw her), or try to get as close to me as she can when she is nervous, like in her snoozer when we are traveling
Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Cookie
Dog's Name: Yukki and Genki

OMG! You are so describing my little Yukki to an absolute TEE!!!!!!!!!! He hates to cuddle, goes to the opposite end of the couch if he is on it when I sit down, struggles to get down when I pick him up. But the weird part is that just like your baby, he seems so happy and excited to see me and follows me around the house to be where ever I am. I cannot even use the restroom without him joining me! LOL He sleeps in bed with me (but NO cuddling), has to be where ever I am and follows me everywhere. I don't understand why Yukki is so distant-like and his littermate brother, Genki, is the complete and total opposite. Genki is an awesome little cuddler, totally loves to be in your arms, and in fact, he often paws at my legs until I pick him up and hold him. I would love to know what goes on in their little heads. I'm thinking the only real explaination could be is that they are individuals just like us human beings and have their own likes and dislikes just like we do. Some of us like to cuddle and some of us don't. Just because some of us don't like to cuddle, does not mean that we don't love. It seems the same would apply to these little creatures.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Hope
Dog's Name: Bella

Your post rings a bell. My fluff will be one in a few days and she acts much the same. She always wants to follow me and know where i am and what i am doing but she is not an "in your pocket" type of personality as far as wanting to be cuddled a lot. If I am watching tv, She wants to be near but not necessarily ony lap. Sometimes yes, but always on her terms and when she wants. She does love strangers and company but she is a very playful girl at this age and doesn't want to be held by anyone for long periods of time. She'd rather be doing the zoomies!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Maltese Guru

Name: Aastha
Dog's Name: Gustave & Mieka

Gustave is the same. But I know he loves me. He keeps giving my husband kisses while he rarely kisses me.

At the same time he freaks out if he sees me walking away and he can't follow me(we are working on that).

eiksaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement